• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A dodgy case of Tourettes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A dodgy case of Tourettes

Mrs MF was watching a program on Tourettes as I walked past the kitchen just now and it reminded me of a real life case I came across 10 years back.

I'd decided to cycle to Devon from Hampshire over a few days and had got as far as Glastonbury. It was a nice sunny afternoon and so went to Glastonbury Abbey where they were doing a play of Joseph of Arimathea & the cruxifixion. I settled down with maybe another 100 or so people and the play was presented against the backdrop of the abbey.

Off to the side was a strange chap with a really bad tick. He kept biting his hand & making small noises, he seemed very excited & some people were looking over.

The play continued and started to reach the crucifixion. Jesus came in carrying the cross. The chap seemed agitated and with the exception of a few noises seemed to be coping well.

Jesus was nailed to the cross, the people wept. The chap was biting his hand.

Jesus took his last breath and died on the cross and there was silence.....

All of a sudden from the silence of this solumn moment a loud, very loud shout of C**T echoed around the Abbey crowds. The guy immediately bit his hand muttering 'no no no'. The crowd turned to look, mothers in disgust, the centurions in the play turned to look at this crowd & then a miracle or miracles 'Jesus came back to life looked up from the cross and shook his head'

Still makes me chuckle.

Assuming that wasn't Testmanger, anyone else have any great Tourette stories?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I remember a Tourettes protest march in London.

"What do we want?"
      "A cure for Tourettes"
      "When do we want it?"
      "C**T"

Comment

If you edit the auto-correct feature in MS Word you can make your colleague think he has Tourettes
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I often park in the Disabled bays at the local supermarket after 6pm, if I need to pop in there for something.
          I am sure I read that it is okay out of normal business hours, and besides, there are always plenty available.
          As I was getting out of my car some numpty said "You don't look as though you have a disability?"
          I replied "I do. I have Tourettes, so f**k off and mind your own business!!"

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

There was a prog on BBC3 on Monday night apparently, where some geezer is trying to put a group (in the musical sense) together made up of Tourettes sufferers. Was very entertaining apparently, but not seen it yet.

TBH, people walking about with facial ticks and shouting random swearwords doesn't sound like a 'condition' to me. Have a walk round Halifax or Glasgow and you'll see thousands of them.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Good job you're here to correct the medical world then. They'll be gutted all that science was for nowt.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Volkswagen Tourette?

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
                  Volkswagen Tourette?
                  known as the VW toerag.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Dodgy might swear if you say something nasty about Mrs Thatcher, but otherwise I wouldn't say he has Tou-fcking-rettes.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X