• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hillsborough report

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillsborough report

Hillsborough report reveals South Yorkshire Police made 'strenuous efforts' to deflect blame on to Liverpool fans - Telegraph

New Hillsborough papers show police were in 'chaos' as the tragedy unfolded - Telegraph

Hillsborough Independent Panel report: how the disaster unfolded as 96 Liverpool died at 1989 FA Cup semi-final - Telegraph

Hillsborough – David Cameron took questions from MPs at PMQs before his Hillsborough statement: Live - Telegraph
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

What explanation do all those people without tickets have for crowding the gates in the first place?

Rhetorical question.

Comment

Ah, it was only LFC fans who died, so it really isn't worth the amount of money they've spent on the investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        What explanation do all those people without tickets have for crowding the gates in the first place?

Rhetorical question.
        Were they Liverpool fans or Notts Forest fans?

Rhetorical question.

Comment

There is much mawkish reaction to this on twitter and the like. "Oh the humanity", "I'm typing this as I dry my eyes again" pish.

Lots of people want to blame Thatcher as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            Ah, it was only LFC fans who died, so it really isn't worth the amount of money they've spent on the investigation.
            yuk.

I was hoping for sensible comments.

I'm still not sure why the basic question Doggy Styles asked isn't given prominence, also why does it have to be 'black & white' with fault being attributed only to one side when the reality is probably very grey.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              yuk.

I was hoping for sensible comments.

I'm still not sure why the basic question Spod asked isn't given prominence, also why does it have to be 'black & white' with fault being attributed only to one side when the reality is probably very grey.
              I'm on everyone's ignore list. Simples.

Btw, I think you've misunderstood "Old Hack's" response...

Comment

23 Years ago. Move on. And I was in Hillsborough when it happened (not at the football obviously)

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Rhetorical question.
                  Some reports I have read state that about 20,000 tickets were given to Liverpool fans and about 40,000 liverpool fans travelled.

I have no doubt that the police did not handle things corretly but 96 people tragically lost their lives because too many people without tickets tried to get into the ground.

I think the familes of the victims will not get closure over this they will only get closure when there is an acceptance of some level of responsibility by the fans who travelled without tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    I'm on everyone's ignore list. Simples.

Btw, I think you've misunderstood "Old Hack's" response...
                    possibly I actually meant Doggy styles question about people without tickets.

However flippancy with 96 dead is a little tasteless.

If I recall that was a significant issue, that combined with poor design of the stadium and poor crowd control were the main problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X