• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: £20 c-charge call for 4x4 drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: £20 c-charge call for 4x4 drivers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/5075722.stm

Drivers of "gas guzzling" vehicles should pay a higher congestion charge, to reduce their environmental impact on London

Milan.

I think this is a good idea. Anything to stop the lower orders driving as they should walk more. The lower orders ought to wear caps as well, so they might doff them as we drive by.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Owners of 4x4s that have never and will never even use the low range gears should be ridiculed constantly and mecilessly. If you're not going to get a 4x4 dirty don't figgin buy one. Posers!
      Last edited by bennyboy; 14 June 2006, 10:56.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/5075722.stm

Drivers of "gas guzzling" vehicles should pay a higher congestion charge, to reduce their environmental impact on London

Milan.
        I'd like to point a few technicalities out.

What is a 4x4 gas guzzler?

Is it a 4 wheel drive vehicle? If so, does that mean if I drive a giant 2 wheel drive 8 litre truck I am exempt? Does the owner of a tiddly Fiat Panda 4x4 diesel have to pay it?

Is it perhaps a large vehicle? If so does it apply to people carriers or vans? What about a stretched limo?

Perhaps it is just cars that emit a lot of nasties? If so, WHAT THE **** HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH 4x4? Most of the big polluters are older vehicles and large saloons or sports cars.

**** off you stupid nannying, legislative moronic ******.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy
          Owners of 4x4s that have never and will never even use the low range gears should be ridiculed consiantly and mecilessly. If you're not going to get a 4x4 dirty don't figgin buy one. Posers!

The hummer OMG , what a big waste of fecking time.............
          I mean, who the hell needs one of those when doing the weekly run
          to Tescos. All Hummer drivers should be shot, forget the fine..

Comment

Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
            The hummer OMG , what a big waste of fecking time.............
            I mean, who the hell needs one of those when doing the weekly run
            to Tescos. All Hummer drivers should be shot, forget the fine..
            Not shot.

Stripped naked, tied the the oversize bonnet of their transportational monstrocity and towed through the streets to the ridicule of others before being ceremonially doused in petrol and burnt along with the offending vehicle.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Reasons for buying a 4x4

Apart from anything else you need a 4x4 to drive down half the fecking roads in London these days, with all the speed humps and potholes.
              Plus you can see over all the cretins who insist on parking next to junctions. And they're (generally) safer for the occupants in the event of a crash.
              And the best reason of all? It annoys the crap out of Ken and all the enviro-mentalists. I'm thinking of getting 2. One with a big V8 engine just for good measure.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Just get Lexus 400h (hybrid) 4x4 - this way Red Ken will glow green because the vehicle is exempted from CC charge

Comment

I don't have a 4WD, but I've rigged up an old 5.0 V8 in my back yard sitting on a metal frame. I basically have this f*cker running 24/7 pumping noxious fumes into the atmosphere. There is now perma-smog over Surrey. My girlfriend thinks I have issues and is threatening to leave.

Comment

Well, the other day on my trip in England the Dartford tunnel was shut, so I just drove straight through the middle of London to get to the M1. Hardly any traffic to speak of. Saved quite a bit of time. Shall do it more often. As I've private plates registered in another country, and don't have a sticker to say which country, I doubt they'll never find me for the congestion charge.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X