• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now is the Winter of our discontent.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now is the Winter of our discontent.

Archaeologists believe they have found skeleton of King Richard III - Telegraph

'ere, I thought he ended up chopped into little pieces.

Did someone go around & collect them all or what?

not according to the report
    Little has ever been known about Richard III’s death, other than he died on the battlefield and was supposedly taken on horseback by his vanquisher, Henry Tudor, who later became King Henry VII.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I like the way Henry VII backdated his reign by a day so he could claim that everyone fighting for Richard III commited treason.
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 September 2012, 14:37.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Did someone go around & collect them all or what?
        That does sound like a quest on Skyrim...
        Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          I like the way Henry VII backdated his reign by a day so he could claim that everyone fighting for Richard III commited treason.
          "Treason doth never prosper. What's the reason?
          Why if it prosper, none dare call it treason."

Sir John Harington

(inventor of the first flush toilet, whose noise scared Queen Elizabeth so much she refused to use it )
          ---
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

A Winter of discount tents, you say? Could be a sales winner.

EDIT: Just seen someone beat me to that old joke by starting another thread!
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
            X