PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

scotsgraeme
12th September 2012, 19:20
Hey folks,
I joined yesterday, and I've been working my way through a bunch of posts on various topics that seem like they might apply.
I've just formed my own Ltd. Co, after a while working under umbrella companies, and getting sick of having to change umbrella company every time i change agency. I had hoped to take a week or so to sort out things like a decent accountant, and sort out bank accounts, but got a call to start on an URGENT gig today. so, I guess my company is now actually *trading* which is exciting and scary at the same time. my only gripe is that banks seem to be incapable of having someone open a new account unless they do everything between 9:30 and 16:30.
anyway, I thought I should post something, before I go back to reading random things and seeing what sticks.

cojak
13th September 2012, 05:38
Welcome to CUK scotsgraeme! :wave:

Wanderer
13th September 2012, 21:22
I had hoped to take a week or so to sort out things like a decent accountant, and sort out bank accounts, but got a call to start on an URGENT gig today

Isn't that always the way. :happy

Get yourself an accountant straight away (there are some really helpful ones who post on this forum) and get some advice on how to draw money from the company. If you do the wrong thing then you could end up paying a lot of tax that you could have avoided.

Good luck!