• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Adblock + ignore. It's just beautiful.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adblock + ignore. It's just beautiful.

Ignoring a user means you keep getting the "this post isn't shown" banner which makes you itch to see what is hidden.

But if you use adblock or some other tool to block class="postbitignored postbitim" the offending post just disappears entirely.

In adblock (on chrome at least) the filter you can add is:
    forums.contractoruk.com##[class="postbitignored postbitim"]

Hope this is useful to someone, if there's a bug I missed hopefully NickFitz might point it out
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

That could be a rather sweet chrome extension

Not that I bother setting posters to ignore, I like to chuckle at the idiots occasionally and have learnt not to get riled up by their ignorance
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Hope this is useful to someone, if there's a bug I missed hopefully NickFitz might point it out
      Never used AdBlock, so I wouldn't know

Comment

You don't block stuff, or you use some set of scripts of your own division?

I meant you might be able to warn me if blocking that class-id would accidentally hide stuff I didn't want, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          That could be a rather sweet chrome extension

Not that I bother setting posters to ignore, I like to chuckle at the idiots occasionally and have learnt not to get riled up by their ignorance
          I normally can't be bothered but when you get a rash of the same person posting in every thread it's a waste of my pixels.

The only worry is one could forget they'd ignored someone. OH well, I'll take that chance.

Comment

You don't block stuff, or you use some set of scripts of your own division?

I meant you might be able to warn me if blocking that class-id would accidentally hide stuff I didn't want, though.
            Off the top of my head it looks OK; I'll let you know if I come across anything to the contrary

I don't bother blocking ads because my consciousness automatically rejects them anyway. I do use ClickToFlash though, because Flash is a resource hog with a habit of crashing.

Comment

I normally can't be bothered but when you get a rash of the same person posting in every thread it's a waste of my pixels.

The only worry is one could forget they'd ignored someone. OH well, I'll take that chance.
              Doogie, I am being serious when I say that it is usually you cluttering up threads with streams of pish. When it comes to insults what you lack in quality you make up for in quantity.

It's like watching a goldfish trying to bite through the bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Doogie, I am being serious when I say that it is usually you cluttering up threads with streams of pish. When it comes to insults what you lack in quality you make up for in quantity.

It's like watching a goldfish licking the glass.
                Ftfy
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It's like watching a goldfish trying to bite through the bowl.
                  I rarely use insults. You're mistaking arguments and discussion for insults probably because that's how you conduct yourself.

See - if you viewed that as an insult you prove my point.

As for one person cluttering up threads, it's simple logic that when two people have a spat approx 50% come from each, unless you're one of those two people in which 100% come from the other.

If you don't like what I post, see above. I shared this specifically for that kind of purpose, but you'd rather start a fight about it.

Comment

try this
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X