• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let old aquaintances be forgot?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let old aquaintances be forgot?

I've been in contact recently with my old partner in crime from my university days in the 80s.

I think it's fair to say that are paths have diverged in more way then one since then. He's from a moneyed family and has not really had to put too much effort into towing any sort of line and, as a consequence, he's pretty much the louche hippyish character that I once was - always partying in other words. I've straightened out a lot since then though I enjoy a party every once in a while.

The problem I have is who he hangs around with. We're both in our mid 40s and but he doesn't hand round with a single person under the age of 25. In fact, a lot of his crowd are teenagers.

Nothing wrong with that, the problem's all mine, but I always feel really uncomfortable in those kind of situations. I've got another mate the same age who does all the bars in the Old Town every Saturday chatting up 18 year olds. That's just plain creepy in my book.

Anyone else feel this way are are you all happy in your skins regardless of the company‽

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I never talk to anyone who can't remember Frank Ifield.
    No but I remember you

Comment

For most posters here, washing their hair and looking a middle aged woman in the eyes at the bus stop is pretty aspirational, so your question is to an extent academic.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I remember see him star in a film I saw one time at Saturday Club at Bolton Odeon, and there was no record of him ever been in a film but I've just re-checked and he was in 'Up Jumped a Swagman' - wonder if it's on Piratebay? Anette Andre is in it too, used to fancy her in Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), she'll be an old bag now....

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          For most posters here, washing their hair and looking a middle aged woman in the eyes at the bus stop is pretty aspirational, so your question is to an extent academic.
          You're half right. I haven't got any hair.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

By the wonder that is google;

Comment

Originally posted by palatino winotype View Post

Anyone else feel this way are are you all happy in your skins regardless of the company‽

Happy regardless. But each to their own, I guess.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                By the wonder that is google;

I want to know more about "The Adorable Tanya"

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
                  I want to know more about "The Adorable Tanya"
                  Here's a pic. SFW.

Comment

Blimey Mitch, I wasn't expecting that.

In best CUK tradition (with a twist) - Not even MTT would

Comment

Working...
                    X