• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't you just love it when ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you just love it when ...

Someone shoots an email out passing the blame onto you and they go off half cocked?

Email 1:
    To : PM
    CC : The rest of the upper echelons
    I believe I agreed with Suity that we would set all of those values to 'ABC' as a default.

Email 2:
    CC : The rest of the upper echelons + Uppety Director
    I do recall that. I will make it so.

Email 3:
    To : PM + The rest of the upper echelons + Uppety Director
    This has never been discussed, and setting it to 'ABC' will cause lots of problems in the system .....

Email 4:
    To : PM + The rest of the upper echelons + BA + Suity
    Ah ok, thanks. Funny how Suity just took my word for it like that.

Suity checks his copious meeting minutes

To : PM + The rest of the upper echelons + BA + Uppety Director
    From our meeting on 28th August I recorded the following statement from you.
    "This value is not important for us, just set it to some default value"

Hope this helps

Suity

Love it when that happens.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

So you wrote up the meeting minutes with what you wanted to hear?

Comment

Doesnt everyone do that? I personally never remember anything I dont want to do or think is stupid. When pressed I say something like, "Oh yes we did talk about that, but Im sure we agreed it was a bad (read stupid) idea.

Comment

Got to be careful with these type of exchanges. I worked until 1am on Wednesday trying to get a critical deployment into the production system. As part of that process I supplied two data imports to be loaded into the production system. I'd written the imports, I'd checked the imports, the dev team loaded the data into a test system, I checked it, I signed it off and told them to deploy.

Then I get an angry email back from one of the longtimers, the queen bee of the system, kicking off that she should have to check the data as she has to communicate the changes. It was just updating some statuses on some records for reporting & was for stuff that didn't affect her. I then fired an email back to her and the whole team disagreeing that a simple data change does not have to go through a complex release change process where the test & dev systems didn't contain the data and that going forward I was planning to take control of all data loads & she would have to come to me & that my sign off would be considered the final decision.

She isn't talking to me now.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sack Suity.
          We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
          - Douglas Adams

Comment

To: PM + Suity + BA

Can't you muppets sort this out without CCing us in every bloody email? We're more important than you, so sod off!

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
              Sack Suity.
              Inshallah!

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              To: PM + Suity + BA

Can't you muppets sort this out without CCing us in every bloody email? We're more important than you, so sod off!
              Quite agree.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Got to be careful with these type of exchanges. I worked until 1am on Wednesday trying to get a critical deployment into the production system. As part of that process I supplied two data imports to be loaded into the production system. I'd written the imports, I'd checked the imports, the dev team loaded the data into a test system, I checked it, I signed it off and told them to deploy.

Then I get an angry email back from one of the longtimers, the queen bee of the system, kicking off that she should have to check the data as she has to communicate the changes. It was just updating some statuses on some records for reporting & was for stuff that didn't affect her. I then fired an email back to her and the whole team disagreeing that a simple data change does not have to go through a complex release change process where the test & dev systems didn't contain the data and that going forward I was planning to take control of all data loads & she would have to come to me & that my sign off would be considered the final decision.

She isn't talking to me now.
                Is it just me that read this and went

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Someone shoots an email out passing the blame onto you and they go off half cocked?

Email 1:
                  I believe I agreed with Suity that we would set all of those values to 'ABC' as a default.

Email 2:
                  CC : The rest of the upper echelons + Uppety Director
                  I do recall that. I will make it so.

Email 3:
                  To : PM + The rest of the upper echelons + Uppety Director
                  This has never been discussed, and setting it to 'ABC' will cause lots of problems in the system .....

Email 4:
                  To : PM + The rest of the upper echelons + BA + Suity
                  Ah ok, thanks. Funny how Suity just took my word for it like that.

Suity checks his copious meeting minutes

To : PM + The rest of the upper echelons + BA + Uppety Director
                  From our meeting on 28th August I recorded the following statement from you.
                  "This value is not important for us, just set it to some default value"

Hope this helps

Suity

Love it when that happens.

You use this forum to improve your self esteem don't you?

Suity saves the day!

Hard long battle...Suity on the ropes, last round Suity delivers king hit and wins the fight.

You are the Rocky of IT

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                    You use this forum to improve your self esteem don't you?

Suity saves the day!

Hard long battle...Suity on the ropes, last round Suity delivers king hit and wins the fight.

You are the Rocky of IT
                    He's certainly been beaten around the ring a number of times.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X