• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fook me, my new cleaner drives a Mercedes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fook me, my new cleaner drives a Mercedes.

No joke! I know this is Surrey but still ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I know someone who cleaned for people, because she enjoyed the work, not because she needed the money. She stopped because of all the snide comments from 'clients' who were mortgaged up to the hilt in their small new-build house with a leased RAV4 on the drive, and who automatically assumed they were 'better off' than their cleaner.

The cleaner had a large £500k 5-bedroom house in the country, no mortgage, and had bought her brand-new but modest Golf outright.

Anyway, I thought she'd given it up. I didn't realise she drove a Merc and cleaned for you now SAS.

Comment

My brother brought a new house and had only been there a couple of days when he went out his side door and there was a fully loaded brand new mercedes across his driveway he walked round the front and there was a very properly dressed women looking like Mrs Bouquet from keeping up appearances, he enquired who she was and she replied " i am here to do the sparkle clean"

to add insult to injury my Brother drives a van and she thought he was one of the builders finishing of the house

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I know someone who cleaned for people, because she enjoyed the work, not because she needed the money. She stopped because of all the snide comments from 'clients' who were mortgaged up to the hilt in their small new-build house with a leased RAV4 on the drive, and who automatically assumed they were 'better off' than their cleaner.

The cleaner had a large £500k 5-bedroom house in the country, no mortgage, and had bought her brand-new but modest Golf outright.

Anyway, I thought she'd given it up. I didn't realise she drove a Merc and cleaned for you now SAS.
        You shouldn't have made snide comments to her. Hope your financial situation has improved.

Anyway good for her. I guess you can make loads of money if you run a cleaning business as opposed to working for someone else. I'm paying the going rate for around here which is £9 an hour.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          You have a wife. WTF do you need a cleaner for?

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I'm paying the going rate for around here which is £9 an hour.
            Enterprise pays. Good on her.

Comment

Well I just couldn't keep sitting on the bench could I?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Well I just couldn't keep sitting on the bench could I?
                Is this your plan B?
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

1:20 in.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Is this your plan B?
                    It's not a bad one. Get loads of Bobesses or Poles fresh off the boat, start a cleaning company, pay them minimum wage and pocket the difference. No need for premises etc, just some initial marketing money.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X