• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capita capitulates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capita capitulates

Capita ITS ditches UK job cuts, offshoring dream ? The Register
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oh dear, it's like the 70s all over again, the nation being held to ransom by militant IT bods who think they are owed a job and expect massive salaries for doing **** all. We'll need a new Thatcher to break their power and put Britain back on the path to prosperity.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Oh dear, it's like the 70s all over again, the nation being held to ransom by militant IT bods who think they are owed a job and expect massive salaries for doing **** all. We'll need a new Thatcher to break their power and put Britain back on the path to prosperity.
      What, and then go bust again 30 years down the road?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I really hope that was a joke.

It's about time that people stood up to the offshoring of their jobs. I was at LBG when they offshored entire departments that administered the pensions platforms. I was always somewhat puzzled that they hadn't been outside the offices with placards proclaiming British Jobs for British Workers.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
          I really hope that was a joke.

It's about time that people stood up to the offshoring of their jobs. I was at LBG when they offshored entire departments that administered the pensions platforms. I was always somewhat puzzled that they hadn't been outside the offices with placards proclaiming British Jobs for British Workers.
          It was a joke, yes.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            What, and then go bust again 30 years down the road?
            What exactly does that mean? UK manufacturing went bust because the government didnt pander to ridiculous demands for high wages and short hours or that the rest of the world became more competitive?

If IT skills become a commodity that can be sort cheaper around the world is that a governments fault?

Just wondering like?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It was a joke, yes.
              Phew.

Comment

Sticking it to the man for their 35k a year. How sweet.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  What exactly does that mean? UK manufacturing went bust because the government didnt pander to ridiculous demands for high wages and short hours or that the rest of the world became more competitive?

If IT skills become a commodity that can be sort cheaper around the world is that a governments fault?

Just wondering like?
                  It is if said government is providing the means to train them (via the big 4/5/6/7 or so) and bring them into the country so they they CAN outsource (along with the private sector)

Comment

Working...
                  X