• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ricky Hatton comeback

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricky Hatton comeback

What do the sports fans here think of boxer Ricky Hatton's recently-announced comeback?

He used to put on 3 or 4 stone with beer and pies between fights, which in my opinion shortened his career at the top, and I'd guess he has done the same in the three years since he retired.

I'd be very surprised if this comeback lasted long.

I know, its pretty sad.. I read Bruno's book and it was a real eye opener to depression, for me.

Given that these kids are often carrying problems due to bad life experiences , and pulled into training to focus them, when it all goes away later in life they really can struggle.

I can't see him doing anything other than getting knocked about hard and then going back onto the drugs, beers and pies again.

I think he's a great fella too, I really hope I'm wrong about his future.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

I can't see him doing anything other than getting knocked about hard
      Same here. Towards the end of his initial career, it was difficult to find someone that had been so badly battered about the ring that had not ended up in Michael Barrymore's swimming pool!

Boom Boom!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I've heard rumours that he's broke, but I doubt that. However, his promotional company is supposed to be doing pretty badly, so this is just a ploy to increase revenue/interest.

He'll have a couple of fights against journeymen, beat Malinaggi for a World title and then fight Kahn. Nothing there to cause him too many problems, but would generate a fair bit of cash in PPV's etc
        If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

After the way Pacman took him out I think he should be careful about getting back into the ring with anyone with any power in their hands. He was good and he went after the 2 best p4p fighters around at the time but did not quite have what it took to beat them although the referee in the Mayweather fight was horrendously biased imho.

Hopefully he will make a bit of money and actually retire for good.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            After the way Pacman took him out I think he should be careful about getting back into the ring with anyone with any power in their hands. He was good and he went after the 2 best p4p fighters around at the time but did not quite have what it took to beat them although the referee in the Mayweather fight was horrendously biased imho.

Hopefully he will make a bit of money and actually retire for good.
            He won't. As mentioned, he'll win a World title off Malinaggi (who's he's beaten before), then a big money domestic World title fight with Amir Kahn. He'll make a packet, not put himself at too much risk, and raise the profile of "Hatton Promotions".
            If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

He has his eyes on a fight with Khan no doubt. Hatton is past it I'm afraid. He was a classic pressure fighter & I fail to see how he can keep ballooning up and down, take two years off and then come back. The classic boxing mistake of coming back IMHO. Come Dancing would be better.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
              X