• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does it matter how you become rich?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it matter how you become rich?

Ed Miliband: it's good to be rich 'if you make it the hard way' - Telegraph

How is anyone to tell if you worked hard or worked smart? Does it matter?

IMO it is more important that if rich you spread the wealth around. I believe alot of the current economic issues are too much money concentrated in the hands of too few. Money does not circulate enough.

Evidently it matters to those who aren't rich.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Nothing worse than poor people with money they didn't earn.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Presumably it is bad to be poor if you worked hard? That must be gutting for nurses.

Comment

I'd rather earn it but I'd settle for the lottery tbh.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Inherited wealth can cause some a lot of problems.

They could have the same problems if they were poorer but if they didn't have the money it wouldn't be so easy for them to destroy themselves or lay around doing SFA.

In both cases they can cause problems for those around them. Though the 2nd group can be easily avoided.

BTW I'm related to those who have/will inherit wealth and do SFA, and those who will inherit wealth but don't use it as an excuse not to do anything.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Constantly crosses the line in lecturing on morality.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

IMO it is more important that if rich you spread the wealth around. I believe alot of the current economic issues are too much money concentrated in the hands of too few. Money does not circulate enough.
                If you put it in a deposit account or Government bonds, you are spreading the money around indirectly.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Although I agree with you BP, I still don't know why we bother listening to anything these say.

They have nothing useful to add.

They are parasites.

And as such should be ignored, or better, crushed under our collective feet pour encourage les autres.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

This from a professional politician who has never had a real job?

And Mandelson, the friend of dodgy Oligarchs - puhlease! Next Osborne will be up saying how nice and cuddly his friends are.

Course it matters how you got rich, if you did it by being a union leader feathering your nest while your striking members starved or found cash down the back of your sofa to buy some properties you couldn't possibly afford despite having multiple dodgy mortgages then of course it does.

If you work fairly for it, inherit or win the lottery then fine.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X