• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At least one thing worse than gay parents....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least one thing worse than gay parents....

... is a homophobic, bigoted dinosaur who should know when to keep their mouth shut.

Rupert Everett: 'there's nothing worse than gay parents' - Telegraph

If he does not want kids - then fine. His choice. But to extrapolate out is very bad.

I really must shift to something more upmarket - the daily wail perhaps?

Gay: adjective ( HAPPY ). As in "The streets were gay and full of people." Cambridge English Dictionary.

Nothing wrong with gay parents; it's the unhappy ones that are the problem.

EDIT: I knew there was some "gayness" in my own childhood, just couldn't pin it down. Then I remembered:

When you're with the Flintstones
    you'll have a yabba dabba doo time.
    A dabba doo time.
    You'll have a gay old time.

Last edited by nomadd; 16 September 2012, 10:30.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Nowt to do with them being gay but, for obvious reasons, allowing two males to adopt a child seems risky.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Nowt to do with them being gay but, for obvious reasons, allowing two males to adopt a child seems risky.
        What obvious reasons?

Comment

Comment

I finally thought of a disadvantage to same sex parents!

If they divorce then the family courts cannot automatically favour one side. So they then have to treat both parents equally based on behaviour. Those poor judges earning £100k per year having to think - the poor things.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

If they divorce then the family courts cannot automatically favour one side. So they then have to treat both parents equally based on behaviour. Those poor judges earning £100k per year having to think - the poor things.
              I would have thought the butch one is the dad and the receiver is the mum
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Doesn't work like that though.

One person always takes on the more child caring role and the other takes on more of the earning role.

This means the one who does most of the childcare gets the kids.

(OK I've been watching too many BBC3 "documentaries" as the gay people I know don't have kids.)
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Can you explain that in English?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

... is a homophobic, bigoted dinosaur who should know when to keep their mouth shut.
                    I didnt realise you were gay Brillo. What's that you say? You're not?!?! Well you do realise that Rupert is right? So personally I feel that means he is a lot more entitled to an opinion and no doubt has a lot more experience on this subject than you ever will.

There's nothing I hate more than misguided offence on behalf of a group of which someone is not a member of!

Comment

Working...
                    X