• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toyota GT86 review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota GT86 review

Took it out on a windy road on the North Downs and loved it. Exquisite handling and poise, it's one of those cars that makes you grin. On the motorway more than fast enough, although you need some revs..
    Build quality seems good although interior could be a bit more upmarket.
    Probably one of the besy sports cars made in the last 20 years in terms of driving dynamics - its driving fun matches that of my mate's Porsche I would say, at a fraction of the price. Should become a long-lived classic. It's a driver's car not a poser's.
    I ordered one.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Took it out on a windy road on the North Downs and loved it. Exquisite handling and poise, it's one of those cars that makes you grin. On the motorway more than fast enough, although you need some revs..
    Probably one of the besy sports cars made in the last 20 years in terms of driving dynamics - its driving fun matches that of my mate's Porsche I would say, at a fraction of the price. Should become a long-lived classic. It's a driver's car not a poser's.
    I ordered one.
    You have a mate?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

On the motorway more than fast enough, although you need some revs..
      But are you able to manage to overtake using only one lane, or do you still require the rest of the driving public to funnel their way into the inside lane in order that you can negotiate your way past them utilising the other two?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I ordered one.
        I bet you wear driving gloves
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Move over Clarkson, you have a new rival.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            You have a mate?
            Don't be tight. Course he has.

What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

On the motorway more than fast enough, although you need some revs..
              A 2002 Ford Fiesta is more than fast enough on a motorway.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                But are you able to manage to overtake using only one lane, or do you still require the rest of the driving public to funnel their way into the inside lane in order that you can negotiate your way past them utilising the other two?

Are you still insisting that your cognitive deficit entitles you to toodle along in the middle lane at 70 mph?
                Cretin.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I had a 1.4 Corsa from Europcar over the weekend, I'm not sure which model but it was white, and had red bits on the seats. It was faster than anything else on the road, could take corners quicker than it should. It's not what you drive its how you drive. ;-) It was only limited at illegal roads speeds as the acceleration droppoed off after 70. What it got me thinking - is that I should be looking at underpowered motor if I want to have fun and not lose my license. I used to have a 330ci and got frustrated that I'd only get to use full throttle about twice a day, coz other cars keep getting in the way. This little corsa was great trying to keeping it in the sweet spot, and more fun than I've had in years. I'm guessing people didn't think look at that nob driving too fast in his BMW, mainly as I was in a Vaxhaul. LOL.

Thought I'm slightly jealous you are getting a real GT86, I'm stuck with the virtual one on GT5 for now. It's is on my list of cars to buy when they get to "less than £10k". I gave up buying new cars in 1997 when I bought a Megane that was supposed to depreciate over 10 years costing me about £1,500 a year. After losing most of its value by year 4, and falling to bits by year 7, I decided a) never to buy a French car ever again, and that b) I'd let someone else take the first 3 years of depreciation and as it's then out of warranty I can take the car to be serviced and fits what parts I want (Garret GT35 and Bremobos anyone?)
                  Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
                    I had a 1.4 Corsa from Europcar over the weekend, I'm not sure which model but it was white, and had red bits on the seats. It was faster than anything else on the road, could take corners quicker than it should. It's not what you drive its how you drive. ;-) It was only limited at illegal roads speeds as the acceleration droppoed off after 70. What it got me thinking - is that I should be looking at underpowered motor if I want to have fun and not lose my license. I used to have a 330ci and got frustrated that I'd only get to use full throttle about twice a day, coz other cars keep getting in the way. This little corsa was great trying to keeping it in the sweet spot, and more fun than I've had in years. I'm guessing people didn't think look at that nob driving too fast in his BMW, mainly as I was in a Vaxhaul. LOL.
                    Your point about over-powered cars in the UK is spot on (it's OK in Germany where you can really use them). That's what I like about the GT86, it takes a bit of fun effort to keep it in the sweet spot, although its probably a little more powerful that an Opel.
                    I think they've got the balance absolutely right on the GT86, the designers wanted to avoid turbo, and it runs on quite thin tires for extra fun. Like I said it's not a poser's car.
                    One thing they could have improved is the engine note - it's good but not as nice as Alfa's old Twin-Spark.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X