• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eat, Fast, Live Longer.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eat, Fast, Live Longer.

Anyone else giving this fasting stuff a run after that programme ? Been on it about 5 weeks now. Probably 5 pounds lighter, held back by me 'preloading' in between fast
    ing days.
    Not totally convinced on the science behind but I am enjoying the total lack of concern about intake on the 'pig-out' days.
    If all that happens is that I drop some weight then that is fine - currently 12st 10lbs, could do with losing at least 5lbs, 10 would be fairly extreme but pleasant.

I have heard about this, girl in the office swears by it but I have always believed the best way to lose weight is to eat healthy in moderation and exercise regularly, either that or take up heroin, have you ever see a fat smack head?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A lot of total tulipe if you ask me.

But the fatties will go for anything and there is money in these 'cures'.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          have you ever see a fat smack head?
          Yes.

And fat alcoholics.

Shows some people really have screwed up genes.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            A lot of total tulipe if you ask me.

But the fatties will go for anything and there is money in these 'cures'.
            They work because you are decreasing you overall calorie intake over the week/month.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There aint much money in this one, carrots don't cost that much !!
              Of course it's the overall calories that causes the weight loss, people think they can eat twice as much on pig days but it ends up being about 10% more I reckon (programme said this as well).
              Trouble with exercise is that it takes too 'kin long to burn off any calories, I still play football and cycle etc But could do with some resistance stuff to balance desk-based existence.
              It's working so far for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                They work because you are decreasing you overall calorie intake over the week/month.
                And that works because you are decreasing overall intake of sugar and starch.
                Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Week 6 for me, I've lost 1/2 a stone. I'm fasting again today.

While it is about reducing calories overall, the "trick" here is that occasional fasting doesn't trip the body into "conservation mode" whereas reducing your calories every day does. Is my understanding. Plus, if you watch the programme, there are additional benefits.

All you cynics, there's no money in this diet, no recipe books or videos or meal plans.

@lukemg, I've found that not pre-loading on eating days keeps you on a downward trend. Just eat a normal 2500 calories!

Comment

Yeah, I know I should keep it to the 2500 but do find myself topping up a bit. Still losing weight though plus potential other benefits.
                    More importantly, it's no big grief, especially at work when you are sat round anyway and its well worth not having to think about it the rest of the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X