• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional bullying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional bullying

As a contractor how much bullying do you guys put up with if any?

Has the recession changed your attitude towards accepting management bullying practices?

Originally posted by insur View Post

Has the recession changed your attitude towards accepting management bullying practices?
    If you want advice on bullying you have certainly picked the best place to come to
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

what do you mean by bullying ?

one mans meat is another mans poison, it takes all sorts to make the world and a stitch in time saves nine

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

one mans meat is another mans poison, it takes all sorts to make the world and a stitch in time saves nine

I thought same question as soon as I read the OP's thread. Sometimes contractors are brought in to be the scapegoat and permies will quite openly blame the contractor first. Do you see that as bullying or just part and parcel for the job? I presume you mean personal attacks, rather than some good old fashioned mud slinging in meetings?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is it correct to still expense your lunch money if the meanie from sales keeps taking it and you go hungry?
          Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

I think you need to be more pacific.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              I think you need to be more pacific.
              I like the ocean it contains many wonderful islands
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yes, I like to bully people in the workplace, they need to know their place.

Oh! You meant the other way didn't you.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Yes, I like to bully people in the workplace, they need to know their place.
                  Go play in traffic.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

At clientco we have meetings between senior devs, managemenet and contractors, most times each group has a different opinion on a specific aspect of the project. We leave with some disagreement or no conclusion reached. Then management and senior permies will gather in the office of senior management and not invite the contractors. Decisions are then arrived at which normally result in the worst outcome for the contractors and we are told to simply accept these decisions. To me this feels like a form of professional bullying, perhaps I'm wrong or over reacting but it sure does feel crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X