• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1984 is coming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 is coming

Just a bit late.

BBC news coverage of the latest Sirian government onslaught on Aleppo just didn't look quite right. A bit too much contrast, a bit too much brightness, a bit too much sharpness. Some defect of the video recorder probably (or the 3 glasses of wine we had drunk) but it does make you wonder how long we can keep relying on apparent evidence about anything.

CGI in well known movies has not been too convincing to date but that's partly down to the facts that we are not programmed to believe in talking fish, wierd blue space aliens or giant Persian demi-god rulers, What might be acheived when we think we are seeing reality and given unlimited funding from governments, courtesy of the taxpayer?

We all rely on what we see on the net and on TV, what really is to stop the bastards upstairs from creating any sort of reality they want to feed to us?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

you mean this?
    BBC News - Syria crisis: Aleppo's deadly aerial warfare

Modern handheld digital cameras are capable of some quite stunning cinematography and the BBC has access to the best equipment and the best skilled cameramen
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

It was only last year that ITV aired a documentary about links between Gadaffi (or however he's spelt this week) and Irish nationalists that included footage of a PIRA unit shooting down a British Army helicopter in 1988. Turned out it was taken from the 2009 game ARMA 2

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        We all rely on what we see on the net and on TV, what really is to stop the bastards upstairs from creating any sort of reality they want to feed to us?
        What do you mean by rely? You dont already believe that tulip now do you? Next you'll be telling me that Princess Di had an accident, or that cavemen flew planes into the twin towers and they just happened to both collapse as if demolition charges had been planted around them.

You dont believe we actually have a democracy too right?

Comment

Only if you rely on that news source, it's not hard to see the same story from different angles these days.

Saying that, I do regard the BBC as a paragon of truth.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Incompetence. If they could organize a conspiracy on such a scale then they'd be able to organize almost anything which, lets face it, they clearly can't.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Incompetence. If they could organize a conspiracy on such a scale then they'd be able to organize almost anything which, lets face it, they clearly can't.
              "They" feign incompetence, obvious, init!

I'm off to the David Icke website to find out what those Masons are up to.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                A great point.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  "They" feign incompetence, obvious, init!

I'm off to the David Icke website to find out what those Masons are up to.
                  Bloke opposite me is going to see him in October.

Where's that then?, I ask, back room in your local pub?

Nope. Wembley Arena

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    Bloke opposite me is going to see him in October.

Where's that then?, I ask, back room in your local pub?

Nope. Wembley Arena
                    Yep, he's making sh!tloads of money.

Comment

Working...
                    X