• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swansea's Bendy Bus lanes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swansea's Bendy Bus lanes

Having suffered for months with the fecking Gas board digging up most of the roads to work, we are now confronted with the latest Brilliant Idea from the overpaid twonks in the council: The Bendy Bus.

Since this is longer than any sensible bus would wish to be, whilst actually containing rather fewer passengers than your old fashioned British made double decker, the roads in the centre of Swansea *must* be changed to suit.

This involves the creation of a whole new set of one way streets out of existing dual carriageways.

Glad I'm not a Swansea Council Tax payer.

Time to find a job elsewhere I think.

Bendy busses meeting twats what run red lights are amongst the funnier sights to behold in Denmark.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

So why cant they just get more double deckers?

Mailman

Comment

Because they built the bridges too low and the new shortened PSV test doesn't include the ability to relate vehicle height to the relevant road sign.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

What has this thread got to do with Muslims, race hate or New Labour?

Please stay on topic!
          I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            So why cant they just get more double deckers?

Mailman
            Health and safety. They couldn't find a team to do the risk asessment because the stiars were too steep.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
              What has this thread got to do with Muslims, race hate or New Labour?

Please stay on topic!
              New Labour:
              New Labour are pro public transport. The more impractical and expensive to the tax payer the better. I complained to Slough council about several issues and in each case the reply was along the lines of "We are only following government guidelines". So "Not me guv, it's Tony you wanna see innit". In Luton some roads have one lane dedicated to buses. The lanes are usually empty. So at junctions there is increased congestion as there is only one exit lane rather than two. Cars move twice as slow. And the buses are usually empty except at peak time, but always belch huge clouds of black dirty pollution, and take up huge amounts of road space in addition to their own dedicated lanes.

Race hate:
              I hate racing to get past a bleedin bus before it pulls out in front of me.

Muslims:
              The local Muslims love driving dirty great stonking big 4x4's, the sort of thing that's cool and practical in the Hindu Kush and the Khyber pass, but down here in Blighty, it's well, tulipe.

Comment

There is a Shogun currently cruising around the street of Whitechapel with bearded driver and number plate I5LAM
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  And finally, after killing a policewoman with their crazy traffic system, the bendy buses and associated fatuous lane arrangements bit the dust.

The death of a gentleman a couple of months earlier wasn't deemed sufficient to terminate the idiocy.
                  The Bendies in London used to catch fire occasionally. They are completely useless in urban areas, in fact I can't think of any practical use for them at all.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I'm mildly claustrophic and don't like being on things that I can't get off when I want to.

I haven't used buses since they got rid of the old double deckers that had the open platform on the back & you could just hop on and hop off as and when you wished.

Comment

Working...
                    X