• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Same old, Same old

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same old, Same old

Day 2, got login but no laptop.

Initial project meeting not until this p.m. cos the PM is in the US at the moment.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

Initial project meeting not until this p.m. cos the PM is in the US at the moment.
    When the contractors arrived after me we shocked everyone by having everything ready when they arrived.

It wasn't a difficult trick. I just told support they started three days earlier than they actually did.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I always bring a laptop with me regardless of whether the client is providing one or not.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Day 55 here. Still no MS Project. Schedule must be produced in their template that is oddly incompatible with my MS Project version. Even more strangely I seem to be delivering project perfectly fine.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I always bring a laptop with me regardless of whether the client is providing one or not.
          +1.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I usually bring a book.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

More importantly, has Scrag found the coffee making facilities
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                More importantly, has Scrag found the coffee making facilities
                Yep, I certainly have.

I have my own laptop here too, not allowed to connect to anything other than the guest wifi, so I can only surf.

Found a desktop, and my login works, but Notes doesn't, back to 2007, just like the good ole days.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Yep, I certainly have.

I have my own laptop here too, not allowed to connect to anything other than the guest wifi, so I can only surf.

Found a desktop, and my login works, but Notes doesn't, back to 2007, just like the good ole days.
                  You're back on CUK, which is the main thing to get sorted. Everything else is merely incidental (except perhaps the invoicing).
                  Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

As long as you can bill them for your time.............WGAS?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X