• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Went for a contract interview this morning...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went for a contract interview this morning...

...and got there an hour early, so decided to take a walk.

Ending up chatting to a fisherman, who seemed to be doing a pretty good job catching the little blighters. Here's the secret: "A size 14 hook, with sweetcorn, maggot, then sweetcorn" and "run about 18 inches of line below your float." Also "It's £28 quid for a fishing license for 2012/2013", but you might have to also have to "buy a day license for around £2 on top to access some private ponds/lakes." The "ducks aren't generally a problem" in these ponds, although if you do snag one you "have to call the local council and report it" when you get home.

Much to my surprise, not a single question was raised at the interview about fishing.
    nomadd liked this post

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

Ending up chatting to a fisherman, who seemed to be doing a pretty good job catching the little blighters. Here's the secret: "A size 14 hook, with sweetcorn, maggot, then sweetcorn" and "run about 18 inches of line below your float." Also "It's £28 quid for a fishing license for 2012/2013", but you might have to also have to "buy a day license for around £2 on top to access some private ponds/lakes." The "ducks aren't generally a problem" in these ponds, although if you do snag one you "have to call the local council and report it" when you get home.

Much to my surprise, not a single question was raised at the interview about fishing.

By the way who was the client?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Even by the standards of your typical lazy know nothing agent that is blunt and unsubtle.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Even by the standards of your typical lazy know nothing agent that is blunt and unsubtle.
        I think that's an aspiration of his...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          DA was on topic though, I mean he was fishing.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

Was it in Reading by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Comment

good point, well made but still Meh.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Well, if you could just supply me with two references I might get my office minion to call you back...

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                  Was it in Reading by any chance?
                  Nope.
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

DA was on topic though, I mean he is a maggot.
                    FTFY
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X