• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another blow for BBC F1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another blow for BBC F1

BBC Sport - Jake Humphrey to leave BBC for BT Vision

BBC presenter Jake Humphrey has announced he is to leave the corporation to host BT Vision's Premier League coverage.
    BT will launch a new channel after acquiring the rights to £738m worth of Premier League football, starting from the 2013-14 season.
    The 33-year-old, best known for hosting the BBC's Formula 1 coverage, will anchor the new channel's live football coverage from next season which includes 38 live games a season over three years.
    He will continue to present the BBC's F1 coverage for the remainder of the current season.
    Leaving the BBC for a channel nobody's heard of, the money must be great

I wonder who on earth will do F1 now. That woman who fills in for him?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    BBC Sport - Jake Humphrey to leave BBC for BT Vision

Leaving the BBC for a channel nobody's heard of, the money must be great

I wonder who on earth will do F1 now. That woman who fills in for him?
    I think it will benefit the channel, to be honest. He should have stuck to Childrens TV. However, now left with Coulthard and Eddie Jordan, I believe they should start afresh with a black sheet of paper, as it's just rubbish.

Sky F1 is blowing them away imo.

Comment

BBC have pretty much wrecked the F1 coverage by taking over F1 when they could not afford it. ITV was doing okay apart from annoying adverts every 10 minutes but still they delivered. BBC undercut them and then found they could not run it and show only half the races live. WTF ?
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

He was on with Chris Moyles last Thursday saying how it was his dream job and all he ever wanted and there was nothing better..
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The rumour at one stage was that Gary Lineker was meant to be doing it.

I'm gutted that he's not.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            He was on with Chris Moyles last Thursday saying how it was his dream job and all he ever wanted and there was nothing better..
            True but both of them were doing the jobs they'd always dreamed of and both are leaving. I suppose even your dream job has to lead somewhere if they offer you double the salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              I think it will benefit the channel, to be honest. He should have stuck to Childrens TV.
              This^ (+1,000,000)

However, now left with Coulthard and Eddie Jordan, I believe they should start afresh with a black sheet of paper, as it's just rubbish.
              Coulthard and the "other guy" (Ben somebody?) when they commentate on the race I can live with.

I cannot find words to describe how badly Eddie Jordan comes across on T.V., so I won't even try.

Sky F1 is blowing them away imo.
              No idea. The idea that I'd shell out money to watch the advert-laden sports stars of today just doesn't compute with me.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Disagree with you on every point, nomadd, apart from the last.

Oh well, everyone has an opinion.

I think the Beeb was doing a good job. Shame that Sky paid handsomely to take F1 from the beeb.

Anyone else think it's appalling to pay a subscription for a channel which shows adverts? One or the other IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Disagree with you on every point, nomadd, apart from the last.

Oh well, everyone has an opinion.

I think the Beeb was doing a good job. Shame that Sky paid handsomely to take F1 from the beeb.

Anyone else think it's appalling to pay a subscription for a channel which shows adverts? One or the other IMO.
                  Not while the race is on, and that's all that counts to me. They have historic program's, current shows, and are pretty good at analysis. Job done for me, and was free with the hd pack.

Loverly

Comment

EJ is not there because he's great on TV. He's there because he's mates with half the big-wigs. Nobody else can grab Bernie's arm for a quick chat.

Comment

Working...
                    X