• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accepted a contract and a better one comes along

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accepted a contract and a better one comes along

OK I have been contracting a while and this is the situation I am faced with. I have a contract which I have verbally accepted which I am not keen on as it will just about cover the bases. One which I was hoping to come up now looks like it is starting to move. The one I have accepted is £200 per day and commutable while the one which I am very much in the frame for is £430 per day but based on the outskirts of london. The one I don't want will not give me any extra skills while the other most definately would.

What would you lot do besides abuse Chico?

Its a no brainer.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby
      Its a no brainer.
      Agreed

Comment

I usually take the fist which comes along as I did here, to my cost. What ways would you use to get out of it - Is a verbal agreement binding?

I was thinking of making something up which meant I would be out of the loop for some considerable time.

Comment

Seconded

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of a car accident meaning I was unable to drive for the next 8 weeks due to being in plaster.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeShmoe
              I was thinking more along the lines of a car accident meaning I was unable to drive for the next 8 weeks due to being in plaster.
              Leave out the car accident and just say youre plastered all of the time, the Agent concerned will be delighted to cancel the contract you dont want.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                Leave out the car accident and just say youre plastered all of the time, the Agent concerned will be delighted to cancel the contract you dont want.

A suspect this would be closer to the truth for many us on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Then again, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"...

Heather Mills might disagree with that.
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Then again, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"...
                    But a hand in the bush is worth two up the jumper.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X