• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wet handshakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet handshakes

I hate wet handshakes. Particularly on men.

But how do you know if you've got one? You can't really try out your own handshake. And danger of limp fish paranoia meaning you exercise vice like grip, which is almost as bad.

So how do you find out if your handshake falls within normal parameters?

Originally posted by MadDawg View Post
    I thought you meant people who don't dry their hands and then try and shake yours.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I thought you meant people who don't dry their hands and then try and shake yours.
      That's pretty annoying too. Limp and wet - definitely not a winning combo.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDawg View Post

But how do you know if you've got one? You can't really try out your own handshake. And danger of limp fish paranoia meaning you exercise vice like grip, which is almost as bad.

So how do you find out if your handshake falls within normal parameters?
        absolute nightmare but I've realized over the years that a bad handshake is usually the other persons fault for gripping too soon before the palms have come together, it's just unfortunate that its not the person who cocked it up who is left feeling like an idiot
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          absolute nightmare but I've realized over the years that a bad handshake is usually the other persons fault for gripping too soon before the palms have come together, it's just unfortunate that its not the person who cocked it up who is left feeling like an idiot
          No some people do have weak handshakes. It's like grabbing a piece of wet lettuce. If you squeeze to hard you crush the spot wet leaves, if you squeeze too softly you too are in danger of being labelled a limp wristed felch monkey.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Surely a well trained felch monkey would have a good strong grip?

There is no justice in the world.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/?fir...cher&search=Go
            Last edited by doodab; 18 September 2012, 20:18.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Surely a well trained felch monkey would have a good strong grip?
              go and look up what felching is
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                go and look up what felching is
                I still think that if one were training a monkey to do it one would pick a monkey with a good strong grip.

Comment

Worked with a PM once who always heartily handshaked everyone he met. In the two years I worked there, I never once saw him wash his hands in the gents toilets after taking a pee.
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

I take it back.

Felcher

Comment

Working...
                    X