• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rubbish Scammers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbish Scammers!

I got an email from Bob Diamond this morning.

I wonder if I should let the Treasury Select Committee know that he's not been sacked after all

Dear Barclays Bank Account Holder,

You have an incoming payment slated for youraccount. This transaction cannot be completed due to errors present in your account information. You are required to download the document attached to this e-mail to fix this problem immediately.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: You are strictly advised to match your information rightly to avoid servicesuspension.

Yours Sincerely

Bob Diamond
    Chief Executive.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

I can arraneg to have thsi fixed for you... please provide me with your sort code and the account number for all future dealings.

Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      I got an email from Bob Diamond this morning.

I wonder if I should let the Treasury Select Committee know that he's not been sacked after all

Dear Barclays Bank Account Holder,

You have an incoming payment slated for youraccount. This transaction cannot be completed due to errors present in your account information. You are required to download the document attached to this e-mail to fix this problem immediately.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: You are strictly advised to match your information rightly to avoid servicesuspension.

Yours Sincerely

Bob Diamond
      Chief Executive.
      The man's got to live.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Hi penance for all the evil has had sone is to 'help' normal people like you.
        Bless.
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          The man's got to live.
          True enough.

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
          Hi penance for all the evil has had sone is to 'help' normal people like you.
          Bless.
          It's very good of him, I must say, to be so intouch with the little people

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
          I can arraneg to have thsi fixed for you... please provide me with your sort code and the account number for all future dealings.

Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Rubbish scammers?

I see your "Bob Diamond" and raise with...

Congratulation, Your Email Adress Have Brought You An Unexpected Lucky 1,350,000.00 Euro Millions from Ramadan Charity Bonaza from International Olympic Committee(IOC). Please Contact Mr. Gafoor Usman Via Email ( [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>) +60169967019
            This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and authorized recipients. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is subject to the conditions in http://smart.com.ph/corporate/disclaimer.

Comment

In reality however, when there is a txn pending with incorrect data, Barclays absolutely do NOT inform you and just reject it. They don't even tell you they've rejected it lol.

Comment

Working...
              X