• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester

It appears that Manchester is now the Los Angeles of the UK. Far too many episodes of gun violence being reported from there. Some one eyed criminal ( not Gordon Brown ) managed to settle a gang war by killing with a gun and a grenade. He then proceeded to repeat the exercise against two unarmed female policewomen.
    Last edited by fullyautomatix; 19 September 2012, 10:36.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Utter Rot.

I feel much much safer walking around Manchester than ever I did in London - including when I lived in Moss Side and the shootings were going on pretty much all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      It appears that Manchester is now the Los Angeles of UK. Far too many gun violence being reported from there. Some one eyed criminal ( not Gordon Brown ) managed to settle a gang war by killing with a gun and a grenade. He then proceeded to repeat the exercise against two unarmed female policewomen.
      OK, the blokes a villain from the top drawer, and Manchester is proper rough, as is the area to be frank; Because the roads were shut around a lot of the area yesterday, I was forced to drive around the less salubrious parts of the Manc-Liverpool belt to get to my hotel. However, I actually don't think he killed the policewomen. Just got a feeling he was set up. He handed himself in, as he must have tuliped himself thinking about the police coming after him, as there is no way he'd have come out of an 'arrest' alive, imo. Look at the Tottenham killing, the one in Brighton, where the police came in tooled up and shot first as they thought they had guns (not because they were fired upon).

Just got a feeling he's been set up for this, and I don't think he'll be charged for it. IMO.

Comment

East Manchester and Moss side are not nice places. You can't then brand the whole of Manchester is being a violent place.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          OK, the blokes a villain from the top drawer, and Manchester is proper rough, as is the area to be frank; Because the roads were shut around a lot of the area yesterday, I was forced to drive around the less salubrious parts of the Manc-Liverpool belt to get to my hotel. However, I actually don't think he killed the policewomen. Just got a feeling he was set up. He handed himself in, as he must have tuliped himself thinking about the police coming after him, as there is no way he'd have come out of an 'arrest' alive, imo. Look at the Tottenham killing, the one in Brighton, where the police came in tooled up and shot first as they thought they had guns (not because they were fired upon).

Just got a feeling he's been set up for this, and I don't think he'll be charged for it. IMO.
          Just going to quote this for posterity.

Btw, just as a matter of interest, where is this? "I was forced to drive around the less salubrious parts of the Manc-Liverpool belt"

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Just going to quote this for posterity.

Btw, just as a matter of interest, where is this? "I was forced to drive around the less salubrious parts of the Manc-Liverpool belt"
            After a detour through Swinton, Worsley, Wigan and St Helens for a few starters. tulip place, hate it here, to be frank, and were it not for a chest full of dosh would be down south where it's much nicer.

Quote away, it's what I believe. There's something odd about a bloke being in hiding for ages, then lulling two policewomen in to kill them, then handing himself in. Could have done much better by walking into a police station, shooting a few of them, and chucking a hand grenade inside and then putting his hands up.

Something doesn't add up.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              After a detour through Swinton, Worsley, Wigan and St Helens for a few starters. tulip place, hate it here, to be frank, and were it not for a chest full of dosh would be down south where it's much nicer.

Quote away, it's what I believe. There's something odd about a bloke being in hiding for ages, then lulling two policewomen in to kill them, then handing himself in. Could have done much better by walking into a police station, shooting a few of them, and chucking a hand grenade inside and then putting his hands up.

Something doesn't add up.
              Everywhere has it's horrible places even god forbid The Sarf East. The place where that young girl was killed by her Gran's druggie Boyfriend looked particularly rough.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Not forgetting the fact in some areas of the country gun crime is so common it doesn't even hit the papers. Judging an entire city based on press coverage is pretty poop.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Not forgetting the fact in some areas of the country gun crime is so common it doesn't even hit the papers. Judging an entire city based on press coverage is pretty poop.
                  Steady on, you're beginning to sound like a whinging Scouser!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I agree, but I drive around here quite often, from clients offices all over the Manc-Liverpool belt, and it's just horrid. tulip tips like Runcorn, St Helens, Wigan, Warrington, ad nauseum...

I come from a rural area when the only gun crime is not to have one. However, we simply shoot things we can eat, rather than the police.

Much prefer the West Country to up here...

Comment

Working...
                    X