• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do the British hate success?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do the British hate success?

I just realised that's why my posts are attracting such a vilification. You people can't stand seeing a winner.
    So glad I left the UK when I did all those years ago but i didn't realise how much my mental landscape had improved.

its not just the british, I had two Australian managers in different sites who quizzed my home for value and area identification and then they got envious when they found out that mine was worth 4x theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
      I just realised that's why my posts are attracting such a vilification. You people can't stand seeing a winner.
      So glad I left the UK when I did all those years ago but i didn't realise how much my mental landscape had improved.
      Can't comment much on the Scots and the Welsh, but this might help to understand the English:
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-English-.../dp/0140267239
      by
      Jeremy Paxman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Loser
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Loser
          Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Comment

Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
            Can't comment much on the Scots and the Welsh, but this might help to understand the English:
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-English-.../dp/0140267239
            by
            Jeremy Paxman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            I understand the English. It was a rhetorical question.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
              its not just the british, I had two Australian managers in different sites who quizzed my home for value and area identification and then they got envious when they found out that mine was worth 4x theirs.
              There is always one. Probably one who lives in the UK. Aussies in Australia are generally pro-winners. They see someone with a big house and aspire to be like that. They don't want to bring him down. This is because it's achievable for them.

In the UK, due to the class system, most of the contractors on here will never rise. Bitterness follows.

Comment

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
                Is that the hand that digs up all the metal from the ground that we turn into medals?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

There is always one. Probably one who lives in the UK. Aussies in Australia are generally pro-winners. They see someone with a big house and aspire to be like that. They don't want to bring him down. This is because it's achievable for them.

In the UK, due to the class system, most of the contractors on here will never rise. Bitterness follows.
                  Never heard so much tulip in my life. In Australia, there's what they call the tall poppy syndrome. I lived there for years and there is nothing more you hate than someone making it big, and boy do you guys whine and like to cut them down.

I lived there for a few years in the late 80's early 90's, and have been back to work, and I can promise you, the hypocracy that comes out of the country is amazing. They come over here and act as though the land is made of milk and honey, is in fact Ambrosia, and it couldn't be further from the truth.

Jeez

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Loser
                    As DA alluded to, we just dislike you.

You're not important enough to hate.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X