• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PRINCE2 training provider

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRINCE2 training provider

Hi Guys,

I am planning to do my PRINCE2 certification next month. Hence I am looking out for few training organizations in London. Budget is a constraint for me as I am paying myself for the course. One of my friend told me that projstudy training course prices are low but I am not very sure about the quality. Can anyone suggest?

cheers
    Phil

Originally posted by PhilipDew View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am planning to do my PRINCE2 certification next month. Hence I am looking out for few training organizations in London. Budget is a constraint for me as I am paying myself for the course. One of my friend told me that projstudy training course prices are low but I am not very sure about the quality. Can anyone suggest?

cheers
    Phil
    Do an online course. Very easy and cheap and you don't lose billing days.

I used prince2-online by Knowledge Train. Thir prices include the exam cost and are not much more than sitting hte exam independently.

This is assuming that all you want is to pass the exam rather than learn anythin useful.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Who cares about quality? They all teach you how to pass the test and no more. They are very careful about their percentage pass figures so will do their utmost to make sure you pass.

Try keep an eye out for weekend ones. A few companies do cater for contractors although it can be a bit intense trying to pack it all in to two days so a bit of pre-work would be good. Get the old papers off interweb as well. It is quite possible to pass the foundation just learning old papers.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipDew View Post
        Hi Guys,

cheers
        Phil
        If you're keeping costs down, don't bother with a course for the foundation exam - just read the textbook and the exam guide; it's not a hard test.

Practitioner is more difficult and you might find a course beneficial. There are cheaper courses out there that cover practitioner only.
        You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
          If you're keeping costs down, don't bother with a course for the foundation exam - just read the textbook and the exam guide; it's not a hard test.

Practitioner is more difficult and you might find a course beneficial. There are cheaper courses out there that cover practitioner only.
          Practitioner is an open book exam. All you need to do is learn how to look up the answer quickly. Or almost all. I found the online course worthwhile for a few extra quid.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post

The problem with that, in comparison with an elearning, is you would probably have to spend 3 times as much time reading the text book. I would assume that your time is probably much more valueable than the couple of hundred quid elearning course?

Also thumbs up for Knowledge Train's elearning, w ww.prince2-online.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by JayLondon View Post
              The problem with that, in comparison with an elearning, is you would probably have to spend 3 times as much time reading the text book. I would assume that your time is probably much more valueable than the couple of hundred quid elearning course?

And this is new. Do the exam from home. Online PRINCE2 exams

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                Practitioner is an open book exam. All you need to do is learn how to look up the answer quickly. Or almost all. I found the online course worthwhile for a few extra quid.
                That's true. However, the course I did for practitioner was only 1.5 days including the exam, and only cost £180 (excluding exam fee). It was very helpful for a relatively small outlay, and the instructor was a great help. Compared with the cost of potentially having to re-sit the exam had I failed it was a good choice.

Regarding the open book exam, I found that using a pack of stick-on bookmark tabs to tag all of the important pages in the textbook was a huge help - time is precious in the practitioner exam and any time you can save not having to locate important concepts is a bonus.

Comment

Thank you guys . This information was really helpful. I have just found out that pass rate for open center exam is 50% so I am bit skeptical about doing self study. Whereas pass rate for some ATOs is as high as 94%. So can you suggest me some more options that provide a good alternative to the regular classroom course. Like a mix of online and classroom. ?

Comment

Originally posted by JayLondon View Post

You've got three forum posts to date, and each one mentions that training link. One could be forgiven for thinking you're merely spamming.

Comment

Working...
                    X