• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how to wirelessly stream music from ipad to windows pc in 5 easy steps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to wirelessly stream music from ipad to windows pc in 5 easy steps

just thought i'd share something that I find FANTASTIC.

on your pc:
    1) make sure itunes is installed
    2) download shareport4w unzip it and run the exe
    3) name your pc so that its identifiable

on your ipad:
    4) open music, click the 'triangle inside a rectangle' airport icon (top right)
    5) choose the name you defined in 3)
    play a song..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

You can do it a Mac or AppleTV in one easy step!

Comment

yes yes I know that, but I didn't realise it can be done to a windows pc, i thought they were incompatible for streaming.

The only windows machine in the house is the media center pc, mainly because it contains an excellent graphics and sound card linked to my tv and receiver, something you can't do in a mac (customise the components).

Allowing me to stream from the ipad wirelessly personally is very useful.
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

While you are at it...... please also could you give me an idiots guide to downloading pics from my iPhone to my laptop?

Can it not be at least a bit easy?

When I had my blackberry I used to just plug it in and it did it. Easy peesy.

iPhone is a fecking nighmare. It's the one thing I dislike about this yoke.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Why can't you just turn on home sharing in iTunes?

As long as both are connected to the same apple id it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            While you are at it...... please also could you give me an idiots guide to downloading pics from my iPhone to my laptop?

Can it not be at least a bit easy?

When I had my blackberry I used to just plug it in and it did it. Easy peesy.

iPhone is a fecking nighmare. It's the one thing I dislike about this yoke.
            When you plug your iphone into your pc, don't you get the option to just browse the phone, like its a USB drive or something ?
            Then you can just drag the pictures off to your desktop.

Rhubarb.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
              When you plug your iphone into your pc, don't you get the option to just browse the phone, like its a USB drive or something ?
              Then you can just drag the pictures off to your desktop.

Rhubarb.
              I didn't know I could just do the drag thing. I'll try that thanks.

But when I do eventually get them to my laptop, if they are sideways, I can't get them straight, it says they are not *"messable aroundable with"* or whatever the term is, that it uses.

Edit - Edit-able is what I meant
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

can't you just enable home sharing on itunes on both devices and they then sync up and you can stream/share on either ?

Comment

But when I do eventually get them to my laptop, if they are sideways, I can't get them straight, it says they are not *"messable aroundable with"* or whatever the term is, that it uses.

If they are sideways then rotate your screen

Comment

If I drag them off and they're sideways, which they invariably are, I just rotate them in photo viewer, don't recall it ever complaining about not being editable.

Comment

Working...
                    X