• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scheduled Down Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled Down Time

Sent out various notifications over the past two weeks that I am taking down all the Dev/Test/Pro Prod environments for essential maintenance from 14:00 today, what are the bets for the time of the first person to ask why is it down?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

MD asks me to put a 'quick n dirty' fix in to see what was causing a serious performance issue

Chief BA is right behind it 'its crucial' so I warns them that it will not be dynamic and only hold a subset. Put the fix in

five minutes later, chief BA is emailing everyone 'this is no good, its only got half the data'

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

13 minutes before I get the first email asking if theres anything wrong with the environment

I reply no, its as it should be at the moment.

5 mins later, OCS message from code monkey "Are you sure the environment is OK?"

Again I reply "its as it should be at the moment"

I wonder how long I can draw this out?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Sent out various notifications over the past two weeks that I am taking down all the Dev/Test/Pro Prod environments for essential maintenance from 14:00 today, what are the bets for the time of the first person to ask why is it down?
        Why is it down?
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          Why is it down?
          Because I am on a mad power trip designed to remind code monkeys they are my playthings for me to torment and anger at my whim

Comment

Friday afternoon? No one but the highest order of arse lickers will even notice....
            Still Invoicing

Comment

Because I am on a mad power trip designed to remind code monkeys they are my playthings for me to torment and anger at my whim
              Hat's off to that man.

make the code trolls pay!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You are the Visual Studio 2012 user interface designer and I claim my £5.

Comment

I always send out a reminder five minutes before in case a numpty has ignored all the emails previously.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I reply no, its as it should be at the moment.
                    I hope you said that with a twinkle in your eye. I didn't have you down as an aspergers case!

Comment

Working...
                    X