• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying Gold Bars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Gold Bars

I'm considering purchasing some gold bars probably 100g ones and wondered if anyone on here has any experience of buying or selling and if they have found any disadvantages to owning gold apart from the price going down etc
    In Scooter we trust

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      I'm considering purchasing some gold bars probably 100g ones and wondered if anyone on here has any experience of buying or selling and if they have found any disadvantages to owning gold apart from the price going down etc
      From memory (but check), coins are CGT free.

Unless you're a TEOTWAWKI TFHer, then probably easiest to use bullionvault.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Fantastic d000hg I was wondering who would be the first to put that picture up
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

I love those, wish I had some now.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If you think the world is ending, buy gold coins, especially sovereigns and brittanias as these are CGT free.

Gold Coins - The UK's No.1 Gold Coin Dealers | BullionByPost

If you think the world isn't ending, but gold is going to go up, why not spreadbet on the price as this is tax free.

If you don't like spreadbetting then BullionVault is a cheaper way to "paper own" gold, but of course any rise is subject to CGT.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I love those, wish I had some now.
              Do they still make them? They were rather tasty
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
              X