PDA

View Full Version : Office lighting levels

minestrone
20th September 2012, 15:27
I would like to see the person who picks these light bulbs sit for a day under the damn things. The place is brighter than the inside of a close encounters of the third kind spaceship.

feckin eyes are burning every day.

d000hg
20th September 2012, 15:31
Is it one of those businesses which hires rockstar developers and they expected the coders to wear sunglasses inside?

speling bee
20th September 2012, 15:35
Real contractors work at home.

minestrone
20th September 2012, 15:36
Is it one of those businesses which hires rockstar developers and they expected the coders to wear sunglasses inside?

Na, I think with the constant damp carpet smell and the air con 'moods' it is one of the ways to keep you awake.

hyperD
20th September 2012, 22:04
You could surreptitiously place a few dim prawns in the a/c ducts?

Paddy
20th September 2012, 22:13
On one contact I had the same glaring lighting, I spoke to permies and they also disliked the lighting but had not voiced their opinion. I had a chat to facilities who then took a few lighting tubes out above the desks. Sorted.

escapeUK
21st September 2012, 06:26
On one contact I had the same glaring lighting, I spoke to permies and they also disliked the lighting but had not voiced their opinion. I had a chat to facilities who then took a few lighting tubes out above the desks. Sorted.

I did the same. They dont even have to remove tubes, just taking out a starter has the same effect. Which is easier if you cant get site services to help.