• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hands up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hands up

Who's caved in and put the central heating on
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Its going on tonight. Found the wife and kids watching TV on the sofa with a blanket on yesterday when I got back. They said they weren't putting the heating on as it was still September...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      I've been avoiding it but have friends staying over the next couple of days so to avoid complaints it'll have to go on. I did get out the heavier duvet though.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

It switched itself on.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

one day at a time

Comment

Not yet, still got the super-thin summer duvet and the window open but the wife has started using her side of the electric blanket.

Alright I confess, I turned mine on last night but that was purely due to aching joints after sport
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Not yet, still got the super-thin summer duvet and the window open but the wife has started using her side of the electric blanket.

Alright I confess, I turned mine on last night but that was purely due to aching joints after sport
              wuss!

you mean only your joints ache?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It's Global Warming 'innit?

Comment

Had it on on occasion for a couple of weeks now. But then, we do live on top of a bloody big hill in Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    It switched itself on.
                    Its warmer in London than it is in Cloggers, came home yesterday and it was nippy to say the least.

I need to bleed the radiators and will have to buy one as the landlords didn't give us one.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X