• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

About bloody time too.

Been offered a role that I shal be accepting. Lowish rate but only a couple of hours drive from home so should be able to get back once a week or so.

This has been my longest bench time since 1999 and I'd been starting to wonder what was going on.

I think it was my latest update to my CV that swung it. I had a detailed one that was getting me interviews but I compressed it to try and simplify it, perhaps too much. Last week I expanded it again to put in a lot more detail than I originally had and now I get an offer on the back of it.

Now I could just do with a few extensions to re-build the warchest.

Get 'em in!
    one day at a time

Comment

Good to hear, although "low rate and ONLY 2 hours drive" doesn't sound great. Still work is work.

How long were you benched for?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Good to hear, although "low rate and ONLY 2 hours drive" doesn't sound great. Still work is work.

How long were you benched for?
          Absolutley, a bird in the hand and all that. So long as it pays the bills and I can put something by, then I look to negotiating a rise at extension time. It's also a new client which I always thinks widens your options in the future.

I will have been benched for four months, not a huge length of time but I've been used to walking into a new gig after one finishes and so this has been a bit strange to me.

Comment

Horrah!

Comment

At least I've used my time constructively to learn new skills. I can no iron a shirt in less than 10 minutes although some of the more wierdly shaped female garments still have me baffled.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
                  At least I've used my time constructively to learn new skills. I can no iron a shirt in less than 10 minutes although some of the more wierdly shaped female garments still have me baffled.
                  You'll look fine in them - congrats

Comment

...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X