• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just joined the British Legion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined the British Legion

Don't know why I didn't do this earlier considering the paucity of decent pubs round here these days.

Now I've got good company, a game of arrows and a pint of Worthy Best for £1.99.

Sorted

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by palatino winotype View Post
      Don't know why I didn't do this earlier considering the paucity of decent pubs round here these days.

Now I've got good company, a game of arrows and a pint of Worthy Best for £1.99.

Sorted
      ....but no totty?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        ....but no totty?
        I go other places for that

Comment

I go other places for that
          So it's just you & Uncle Albert then?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            So it's just you & Uncle Albert then?
            He was seaman's mission wasn't he?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              He was seaman's mission wasn't he?
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Sorted
                That's interesting PW, can anyone join? I've never been in the forces.

Thinking about it, the first football team I ever played for outside school was Royal British Legion FC in the local junior league, and they had no restrictions. Our training comprised games on winter evenings in the virtually unlit and pot-holed RBL car park. It was chaos. Come match day we played as if we were visually impaired.

Comment

Working...
                X