• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just joined the Roman Legion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined the Roman Legion

Anyone know if I should use the long sword or the short one for skirmishes?

Gladiators are you ready?!!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Romanes eunt domus
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Short one and made sure you stab.

Don't swing or you will end up either whacking the guy next to you across the back of the head or stabbing him in the face, either way they will probably return the favour!
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post

Don't swing or you will end up either whacking the guy next to you across the back of the head or stabbing him in the face, either way they will probably return the favour!
          You are Russell Crowe and I claim my £5.00!

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
            You are Russell Crowe and I claim my £5.00!
            Nah, if I were Crowe I recommend he whacks everyone in the face with his (literal) sword in a drunken rage and then smashes up the hotel room.

Although, funnily enough, several of the guys in my group were in that film, they were in the battle scene against the Germanic tribe at the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              What did the Romans ever do for us?
              Ermm formed our civilisation?

Comment

Swinging like a Hollywood extra will knacker you in minutes - Just short jabs. Also don't stab very deep, or your opponent's muscles will spasm on the sword and make it harder work and take more time to pull out. A hand's width is fine. And a wounded opponent is better than a dead one in front of the line for a while - They just get in the enemies way and distract them.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The law of unintended consequences - one with which most politicians are unfamiliar...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    And a wounded opponent is better than a dead one in front of the line for a while - They just get in the enemies way and distract them.
                    Not sure on that one - wounded opponents tend to keep trying to kill you!

Comment

Working...
                    X