• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I have a right to complain about this.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I have a right to complain about this.

Apparently an agent called up my clientco switchboard this afternoon and asked for me by name. Receptionist asked what it was regarding and bold as brass the agent said it was a great contract opportunity. Receptionist emails me to to tell me with great glee about how she sent him on his way. I cannot understand this. It could have been a great opportunity for me - but now I'll never know. I emailed back to ask the agents name but she hasn't replied.

Do you think I could put in a formal complaint about this. Feels like harassment/bullying to me the way she took such pleasure in telling me about it.

This hint has probably cost me a contract and I want it to be recognised by management.

Don't flatter yourself, he was probably just fishing.

Comment

You always have a right to complain. Have you ever been forbidden from complaining?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        You always have a right to complain. Have you ever been forbidden from complaining?
        It happens!!!!

Comment

Oh course it hasn't cost you a contract - you are already in a contract and as the complete professional that you are, you wouldn't dream of dropping your current client in the kak by bailing out early like a rat with water-wings, would you.

No, of course you wouldn't, so no harm done then.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
            Apparently an agent called up my clientco switchboard this afternoon and asked for me by name. Receptionist asked what it was regarding and bold as brass the agent said it was a great contract opportunity. Receptionist emails me to to tell me with great glee about how she sent him on his way. I cannot understand this. It could have been a great opportunity for me - but now I'll never know. I emailed back to ask the agents name but she hasn't replied.

Do you think I could put in a formal complaint about this. Feels like harassment/bullying to me the way she took such pleasure in telling me about it.

This hint has probably cost me a contract and I want it to be recognised by management.

Yes, complain but make sure its in writing. Post one copy to your solicitor also because if you choose to sue the clientco for loss of revenue a paper trail is very good to have.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Taking personal calls at work!!!! Whatever next!!!!!

Comment

You always have the right to complain, do you have reason is another matter
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

So Gricer got a job and now instead of trains and homoerotic camping trips we get his workplace dilemmas?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's another windup. The same idiot has already asked the following;

Why don't I get redundancy when my contract ends

I want to work for IBM so I get £1K per day as per the ratecard

Is it legal for an agent to pay us different amounts and would the other guy agree to a cut so we're equal

Should I ask my manager for a better job title

Can I join a union

Is blocking hotmail access against free speech

This is in 22 posts. Nobody could be that unbelievably fcking stupid and still be able to type.

Comment

Working...
                    X