• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Hotels, WTF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Hotels, WTF

Thought I'd pop over to the UK for a short break but the prices of hotels are incredible. I was going to do 3 days West Country then 3 days London but with them wanting over 600GBP (without breakfast) for the West Country and over 500GBP for London I thought I would look elsewhere. So 3 days Prague in a suite in the centre of the city with breakfast (plus free wi-fi and other extras) for only €400 and 3 days Bratislava for €350 with the same set-up as Prague makes it a bit easier to decide, plus no extortionate Chunnel charges either. Why, oh why, is the UK so expensive? And I really fancied going (still the hotel staff in the UK probably come from the same countries I'll be visiting)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Why, oh why, is the UK so expensive?
    The great weather? The superb customer service? The friendliness of the locals?

Could be any number of factors

Comment

Where are you looking? I spent £65 a night in a 4 star last week.

Comment

Its not called treasure island for nothing.
        Last edited by escapeUK; 21 September 2012, 17:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          Where are you looking? I spent £65 a night in a 4 star last week.
          Not in London
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Not in London
            Alas no

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Thought I'd pop over to the UK for a short break but the prices of hotels are incredible. I was going to do 3 days West Country then 3 days London but with them wanting over 600GBP (without breakfast) for the West Country and over 500GBP for London I thought I would look elsewhere. So 3 days Prague in a suite in the centre of the city with breakfast (plus free wi-fi and other extras) for only €400 and 3 days Bratislava for €350 with the same set-up as Prague makes it a bit easier to decide, plus no extortionate Chunnel charges either. Why, oh why, is the UK so expensive? And I really fancied going (still the hotel staff in the UK probably come from the same countries I'll be visiting)
              I think someone is trying to tell you that you are not welcome here
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                I think someone is trying to tell you that you are not welcome here
                Probably because I'm willing to spend some money rather than take it

Next time I decide to visit I'll attempt to claim asylum from the mainland as they won't pay my rent or give me enough benefits
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  Its not called treasure island for nothing.
                  Exactly one of the main reasons I wanted to come, to show Frau D. some of the beautiful treasures that Britain has (excluding DA) that she hasn't already seen.

Comment

Your wife has seen Dodgy Agents treasures? And yet you still want to come to the UK? Do you need to amend the restraining order?
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X