• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WWSYD?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWSYD?

OK dilemma at work with the permies, doesn't effect me but has the potential too down the line.

We have:

Project Monkey - Useless at enforcing any discipline.
    Code Monkey - Lazy and exploiting PM's incompetence.
    Test Monkey - Good as gold, however frustrated at picking up crap from Code Monkey and is too good a person not to care.

PM has taken Code Monkey out for a beating after lots of (justified complaining by Test Monkey), Code Monkey sulked for a bit looked at Jobserve and reverted back to type. Test Monkey has asked me to intervene with Project Monkey.

Do I get involved? Test Monkey is good enough at their job to filter all the crap to make sure I am not impacted but I am wary that they may lose the will and fall in line with others and just say "Meh, not my problem". As I am outside the problem is it right for me to call Project Monkey up on his failings? Or do I just keep Invoicing and carrying on?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    OK dilemma at work with the permies, doesn't effect me but has the potential too down the line.

We have:

Test Monkey - Good as gold, however frustrated at picking up crap from Code Monkey and is too good a person not to care.

PM has taken Code Monkey out for a beating after lots of (justified complaining by Test Monkey), Code Monkey sulked for a bit looked at Jobserve and reverted back to type. Test Monkey has asked me to intervene with Project Monkey.

Do I get involved? Test Monkey is good enough at their job to filter all the crap to make sure I am not impacted but I am wary that they may lose the will and fall in line with others and just say "Meh, not my problem". As I am outside the problem is it right for me to call Project Monkey up on his failings? Or do I just keep Invoicing and carrying on?
    Are you the office monkey in this story!!!!

Comment

We have:

Suity would post some lengthy drivel on CUK.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
        Are you the office monkey in this story!!!!
        Senior Executive Refreshment Monkey
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Senior Executive Refreshment Monkey
          You're the hand shandy bitch?
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Senior Project Executive Refreshment Monkey
            FTFY

sounds like a James Bond Arch Villain organisation.

Just walk away ... now its not your fight

This should help!

Walk Away Renee - The Left Banke - YouTube
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

knew I'd heard it by someone else..

Walk Away Renee by The Four Tops with Lyrics - YouTube

I personally prefer this version
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

We have:

blah blah blah

And, did I get this right, you are asking whether to spank the monkey?

Go for it I say.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                  And, did I get this right, you are asking whether to spank the monkey?

Go for it I say.
                  WHS. Always worth a little bit of self pleasure

Comment

We have:

Comment

Working...
                    X