• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pair programming techniques - Spooning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pair programming techniques - Spooning

Now I've been around the programming block a few times. But I'm often amazed at the new techniques that emerge.

Take this example of a new Pair programming technique:

Spooning

"now it's time for a pull request..."
    Wibble

I remember one lady recruitment agent laughing and getting haughty at me when I told her that I hadn't used pair programming at the investment bank gig I once did. She got high and mighty about it but I put her down a peg or two when we got into technical design patterns and practices.

I suppose pairs programming works fine when its a really complex task though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr1spy View Post
      Now I've been around the programming block a few times. But I'm often amazed at the new techniques that emerge.

Take this example of a new Pair programming technique:

Spooning

"now it's time for a pull request..."

I couldn't bear to do pair programming.

It's the whole personal space thing. Imagine having to double up with somebody first thing on a Monday morning.

Not my bag.

Comment

Working...
      X