• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If he "swore in frustration"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he "swore in frustration"

What did he lie out of? Stupidity?

BBC News - Andrew Mitchell row: Minister 'swore in frustration'
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

The fact that this is being reported at all is pathetic.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Agreed, in a way. The trouble is that he is a public figure and should know better, maybe this will show him the error of his ways.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I suppose some people think it´s important, which is interesting. I suspect most of them are hipocrates who do exactly the same themselves; personally couldn´t give a monkeys. I would compare this to David Cameron put on some smelly socks this morning.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

I don't think it is. That he's then seen fit to lie about what he said rather than admitting it is a pretty serious lapse of judgement and shows he lacks integrity. While this isn't exactly a surprising revelation about a politician in this day and age, I do think that any government that wishes to make pronouncements about the moral rectitude of others tax arrangements and be taken seriously should demand honesty and respect for others from it's members, and those that are incapable of it need to be kicked into touch.

I also think that by not hanging him out to dry call me Dave is implicitly endorsing the view that the plebs ought to know their place. If that his what he believes he should come out and say it, and if it isn't then he needs to send a clear message to that effect.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

But it's not just about this guy's outburst - Like the expenses scandal (similarly trivial in itself I'd argue), it's an example the arrogant attitude most MPs have or adopt.

Anything that helps keep their exalted sense of entitlement in check can only be applauded.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Expenses saga was not trivial, it was systemic.

All of them are a bunch of See You Next Tuesdays.

Stop justifying their troughing self-serving actions.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Why is everyone taking the police officer's word as gospel?
                Maybe the officer was being an arse and a jobsworth by not opening the gates, and Mitchell was properly telling him some home truths.

Comment

The Sun - "Gate Gate"

Comment

Now this is more like it:
                    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...4u7k5msUMdRZIF
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 24 September 2012, 08:28.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X