• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone here ever got a contract using Monster.co.uk ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone here ever got a contract using Monster.co.uk ?

Just interested to know has anyone here ever managed to get an IT contract via monster.co.uk ? I myself never have and the agents that have called up claiming that they got my cv from Monster weren't that good for matching my skills to the job they had.

I prefer to use jobserve and e-financialcareers for uploading my CV to a public forum. Are there any new jobserve and monster uk type sites which are useful for uploading your cv, making it public and securing an IT contract ?

Also I remember Monster UK didn't have a filter option back in the day to block certain unwanted companies and agencies, has this changed in the last 2 years ?

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    Just interested to know has anyone here ever managed to get an IT contract via monster.co.uk ? I myself never have and the agents that have called up claiming that they got my cv from Monster weren't that good for matching my skills to the job they had.

I prefer to use jobserve and e-financialcareers for uploading my CV to a public forum. Are there any new jobserve and monster uk type sites which are useful for uploading your cv, making it public and securing an IT contract ?

Also I remember Monster UK didn't have a filter option back in the day to block certain unwanted companies and agencies, has this changed in the last 2 years ?
    LinkedIn
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I've got a lot of international work through monster, not so much in the UK though.

Comment

Never had a contract through them but as soon as I post my CV (which has contract only all over it) I get spammed with alsorts of totally unrelated permie crap so I just don't bother with it at all anymore. It seems to have got too big for it's own boots and just doesn't suit anything in particular now...
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
          I've got a lot of international work through monster, not so much in the UK though.
          The same I got a gig in Iceland through an agent contact from Monster.

Comment

Monster schmozer

Arbitrary limit on CV filesize (200kb - for pete's sake the year is 2012) + pants search facilities / criteria + spam from CV enhancement / career development numpties = WASTE OF TIME

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
              Just interested to know has anyone here ever managed to get an IT contract via monster.co.uk ?

My contracts come from a variety of sources.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X