• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclays Bank Sheffield City Centre

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclays Bank Sheffield City Centre

After some very bad experiences with other high street banks, I've just had a really good experience opening up my first business account with Barclays Bank. Big thank you to Alex, a Business Account Manager at Sheffield city centre branch.

Walked in on the Thursday and asked to speak to someone. Alex was available, within 15 mins he credit checked my new company and I was approved. Made an appointment the next day, as he needed copies of proof of my identification and my wife (company secretary) needed to come in.

I explained to him I urgently needed the sort code / account to produce my first invoice, he called me up on the Tuesday to let me know the details.

Great service

Stuart

Hi Stu... did Alex made you aware of the Barclays £50 cash back offer for new companies? & most company formation agents now offer Barclays accounts as part of their packages

Just wait until you try and get a VAT registration to see what frustration is all about

Unless you are stuck for cash - usually you can double up on the next invoice at the beginning of a contract
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Hi Stu... did Alex made you aware of the Barclays £50 cash back offer for new companies?
      No i reckon not, but his good mate probably knows about it!
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Hi Stu... did Alex made you aware of the Barclays £50 cash back offer for new companies? & most company formation agents now offer Barclays accounts as part of their packages

Just wait until you try and get a VAT registration to see what frustration is all about

Unless you are stuck for cash - usually you can double up on the next invoice at the beginning of a contract
        Hi,
        No didn't mention anything about cashback! But free banking for 12 months. To be honest after dealing with other banks and endless promise of callbacks etc, I was just glad to have a sort code and account number.

VAT all sorted, that was the easy bit. Even though the "helpline" said 4 weeks, within a week my registration letter arrived with my precious number on.
        Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
          No i reckon not, but his good mate probably knows about it!
          Apparently its been invested on EuroMillions this Friday.

Stuart

Comment

Well done mate.

listen, I have this bridge I want to sell

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I won't pay for business banking - ever, they should be paying me for use of the cash !!
              The accounts are easy to administer, usually well in credit with few transactions.
              Cater Allen works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                I won't pay for business banking - ever, they should be paying me for use of the cash !!
                The accounts are easy to administer, usually well in credit with few transactions.
                Cater Allen works for me.
                Problem is few business runs like ours, minimal transactions, good incoming cash flow.

You get what you pay for with free banking, they will get their money out of you one way or another.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                X