• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should swearing at police be allowed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should swearing at police be allowed?

Boris Johson: arresting Andrew Mitchell would have been 'common sense' - Telegraph

Swearing at police is not a crime, judge rules - Telegraph

Maybe only ministers who swear at police should be arrested? And the oiks should be allowed to get away with it?

Swearing at anyone is a bit plebby.

Comment

The reason you and I can get away with swearing at the police is due to the amount of swear words you hear on the Beeb.

The reason why an MP or someone in public office can't swear at people including the police is because they are suppose to be pillars of the community who have proper decorum.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

they have the same length of rope as us, they can swear (assuming no racist etc content or threatening behaviour) until warned, then if they don't stop they get arrested just the same.

If you argued with a policeman in your client's car park I'm pretty sure your client would have an opinion.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          The reason you and I can get away with swearing at the police is due to the amount of swear words you hear on the Beeb.

The reason why an MP or someone in public office can't swear at people including the police is because they are suppose to be pillars of the community who have proper decorum.
          I wander how many here have sworn at the police? There can't be many? Or have I led a sheltered life?

The operative word there is "suppose" - we all know the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            If you argued with a policeman in your client's car park I'm pretty sure your client would have an opinion.
            Especially if they were arresting you for tuliping on the PM's car....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Especially if they were arresting you for tuliping on the PM's car....
              I can think of a few PM's at current and previous client co's that needed that doing to them

Or did you mean The PM?

Comment

I wander how many here have sworn at the police? There can't be many? Or have I led a sheltered life?

The operative word there is "suppose" - we all know the reality.
                I haven't but I have been present when it was done, mate of mine lagered up was a bit mouthy. The policemen let him get it out of his system, then warned him firmly. We ushered the muppet away and were rewarded by a thankful smile from the copper, I don't think he fancied the paperwork.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The police are often involved in traumatic/stressful circumstances so the nature reaction of some people is to use swear words/crude language in such a situation.

And no I've not swore at the police.

I tend not to swear when I'm extremely irritated/angry for some reason. It may be all the children I've had to deal with over my life.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That Telegraph story saying swearing at police isn't unlawful is total bollocks: F*** you, bad reporting! | Beneath The Wig

Comment

Working...
                    X