• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mitt Romney (seeing as you lot are on about thick people)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitt Romney (seeing as you lot are on about thick people)

...apparently wants to be President of the USA.

Mitt Romney: why don't aeroplane windows open? - Telegraph
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

At least their leaders/candidates make ours seem not so bad. Even Millibean looks half ok.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      At least their leaders/candidates make ours seem not so bad. Even Millibean looks half ok.
      That could be the Labour Party's new slogan .... "Not as tulipe as American's!"

Comment

The press here always give the Republicans a hard time as it's easy to stereotype them. It's much less clear cut in the US but I think Obama is pretty safe.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          The press here always give the Republicans a hard time as it's easy to stereotype them. It's much less clear cut in the US but I think Obama is pretty safe.
          I've heard that argument before, but the republicans just keep on choosing candidates who make it very easy to stereotype them. Instead of complaining about the media they need to stop picking fundamentalist wingnuts and get real; most voters, yes even in the USA, are 'sort of moderatish' and not particularly interested in extremist loons.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Who is Mitt Romney?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I've heard that argument before, but the republicans just keep on choosing candidates who make it very easy to stereotype them. Instead of complaining about the media they need to stop picking fundamentalist wingnuts and get real; most voters, yes even in the USA, are 'sort of moderatish' and not particularly interested in extremist loons.
              The worst thing about the yanks, is that for so many years, the republican candidate comes from a privileged background, and has no idea about the real world, having lived a privileged life. One day, one day, the penny will drop that to beat them, they'll have to get a republican who's lived the american dream i.e. he's started from a lower/middle class background and worked his way to the top.

All the democrats have to do to win at the moment, given the make up of the country, is show up. This is in the worse depression since the 30's and democrats don't even need to peddle any tulip, they simply need to rock up, and watch the republicans shoot themselves in the foot again.

Romney is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                The worst thing about the brits, is that for so many years, the Tory candidate comes from a privileged background, and has no idea about the real world, having lived a privileged life. One day, one day, the penny will drop that to beat them, they'll have to get a Tory who's a Grocer's daughter.
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  FTFY
                  I agree, but do you not think we'd vote differently if we actually voted for our leaders? Would we not have a Paddy Ashdown, instead of a Milliband? I don't think more than 50% of people would have voted Cameron in, if it were up to us, but it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    I agree, but do you not think we'd vote differently if we actually voted for our leaders? Would we not have a Paddy Ashdown, instead of a Milliband? I don't think more than 50% of people would have voted Cameron in, if it were up to us, but it isn't.
                    <pedant>Torys get less than 50% and half seats<\pedant>

I agree - we should be able to vote for a person rather than party. Though I think I would prefer Vince Cable.

To get back to the point about Mitt Romney - I think he has thrown it away. The American people hate Obama as, in their eyes, he has fooked the economy. Alas the USA economy is over borrowed and no-one can sort it out. Only a correction can do that - it can be 12 ordinary strokes or 6 of the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X