• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thursday Puzzle: CUK Autumn Party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Puzzle: CUK Autumn Party

In order to thank us for our valuable contribution in General, Admin has decided to throw a massive party and we are almost all invited. It’s the day before the party so the mods are checking the guest lists and NLUK is making sure the toilets are properly signposted.

1000 bottles of wine have been procured but due to being naughty-stepped MF has taken it upon himself to poison one of the bottles. All the bottles look identical. The poison is so potent that just the tiniest amount is enough to kill you but with no symptoms beforehand, although it doesn’t kill you immediately.

Admin has gone through the banned user list and so has an almost unlimited supply of trolls/testers that they are willing to sacrifice so that we can enjoy the wine in safety.

What is the lowest number of trolls that admin requires?

Just post the answer not the method so others can continue Ta.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    In order to thank us for our valuable contribution in General, Admin has decided to throw a massive party and we are almost all invited. It’s the day before the party so the mods are checking the guest lists and NLUK is making sure the toilets are properly signposted.

1000 bottles of wine have been procured but due to being naughty-stepped MF has taken it upon himself to poison one of the bottles. All the bottles look identical. The poison is so potent that just the tiniest amount is enough to kill you but with no symptoms beforehand, although it doesn’t kill you immediately.

Admin has gone through the banned user list and so has an almost unlimited supply of trolls/testers that they are willing to sacrifice so that we can enjoy the wine in safety.

What is the lowest number of trolls that admin requires?

Just post the answer not the method so others can continue Ta.
    1 or 999 (or somewhere in between), depending on how long the poison takes and how much time you have.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
      1 or 999 (or somewhere in between), depending on how long the poison takes and how much time you have.
      The poison is so potent that just the tiniest amount is enough to kill you but with no symptoms beforehand, although it doesn’t kill you immediately.

1 - Nope one is not enough as the poison doesn't act quick enough for you to determine if it was the bottle just tested.

999 is also incorrect

Comment

Jeez - how long does it take to get a drink around here?

I'm off to the pub, if anyone fancies joining me.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I'll have a beer please!!!!

Comment

I wasn't invited to the party
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

* whoops I thought this was the counting thread

Comment

10 or thereabouts?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

I'll share a taxi with you

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

It's for your own safety. That MF is a crafty one

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
                    I'll have a beer please!!!!

Beer will make you fat. MTT & Norrahe picked it so it's worth the wait.

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I wasn't invited to the party
                    Yes you were. Check your inbox.

Comment

Working...
                    X