• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family tax credit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family tax credit

Is there anything stopping me from claiming this since I have become a director of my Ltd co on a low salary. I pay myself 15k and the missus is on roughly the same doing a part time job. Would being a Director have any affect on on getting this i.e divedends etc. I'm not that fussed but if its there for the taking i'll ave it.

Originally posted by davisc02
    Is there anything stopping me from claiming this since I have become a director of my Ltd co on a low salary. I pay myself 15k and the missus is on roughly the same doing a part time job. Would being a Director have any affect on on getting this i.e divendends etc. I'm not that fussed but if its there for the taking i'll ave it.
    Any income you receive that counts towards the taxable limits counts towards the limit for Tax Credits, less £300 "allowance". That includes dividends. This is according to the tax office people I spoke to about it last week.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Claim the wife is a lodger, and claim those as well. but do remember not to have the kids use your surname. The "advanced fraud systems" at the BA might smell a rat otherwise.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
      X