• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a Pillock!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a Pillock!

Just been down to London for a couple of nights, for the sake of an Amazon Web Services event in Shoreditch. Checked out of the hotel this morning and drove home - only to find I didn't have my keys

Checking my phone, I found a voicemail message from the hotel telling me I'd left them in my room.

Now about halfway through my second drive back from London of the day, having a coffee and a snack at Newport Pagnell services in a torrential downpour

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just been down to London for a couple of nights, for the sake of an Amazon Web Services event in Shoreditch. Checked out of the hotel this morning and drove home - only to find I didn't have my keys

Checking my phone, I found a voicemail message from the hotel telling me I'd left them in my room.

Now about halfway through my second drive back from London of the day, having a coffee and a snack at Newport Pagnell services in a torrential downpour
    LOL

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Your spare set of keys are with a trusted friend/neighbour right?

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
        Your spare set of keys are with a trusted friend/neighbour right?
        Trust? In my neighbourhood?

Comment

I was about to ask how you drove without your keys...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I was about to ask how you drove without your keys...
            Oh, I had the keys for both cars. No problem there - well, except that one of them was locked in and one locked out, because I didn't have the key for the gate

Comment

Oh, I had the keys for both cars. No problem there - well, except that one of them was locked in and one locked out, because I didn't have the key for the gate
              What was wrong with sending your butler back to get them!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
                What was wrong with sending your butler back to get them!!!!
                He was busy in the crack house - the one next door to the brothel. Can't get the staff these days…

Comment

nice and sunny down here

for now

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                    nice and sunny down here

for now
                    It's been really nice all the way home, and all the way back, and then all the way home again until Newport Pagnell. In the space of about two minutes it's changed to looking like Mordor on a bad day

Right, back on the road again

Comment

Working...
                    X