• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weekend you will mostly be............

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend you will mostly be............

And what are the gerneral populous up to for their respective weekends?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Cooking Spaghetti Vongole
    Biking up to a Biking mate to watch the Isle of Mann TT on Bluray
    Starting homebrew for a lads weekend
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

... Cooking Spaghetti Vongole
      I used to love that and would order it a lot in Italian restaurants; but I've had to stop now they've taken to leaving the mussel shells intact.

It takes ages to winkle out all the mussels, and it's absolutely disgusting - Some of the shells even have barnacles and bits of seaweed attached.

Where do pretentious chefs get silly ideas like that?

Apart from not eating Spaghetti a la Vongole, I'll be writing up my next maths paper with my collaborator, the mad Russian professor as I call him. There's no getting away from it - He'll email me at 8am on saturday (with a Read Receipt, as always), and expect me to jump to it within 5 minutes.
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 28 September 2012, 14:54.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

. . . fighting with my iTunes Library & looking for beach wear in a sea of oversized knitwear in west london's shops.

Comment

not a lot

glad i posted that makes me feel like i have a full and active life now

Comment

Out for dinner tonight at local gastropub.

Secret wedding anniversary mission tomorrow (shhhh!) for anniversary in couple of weeks time.

Out for a 60th dinner party tomorrow night at local Italian.

Sunday taking it easy.

You?
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

not much tonight,
              visiting family tomorrow and out for a meal.
              sunday will be a day of sorting and doing jobs.

Comment

Trying again to connect with a higher power (of my understanding).

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Cooking Spaghetti Vongole
                  Made this with freshly found clams on Ile D'Oleron this summer. Magnificent...

Tomorrow cycling and canoeing, Sunday lazy day with lunch at new Restaurant of famous chef who's moved locally, then off to lie down after veal shank and apple crumble pizza...

Comment

constructing box girder bridges

Comment

Working...
                    X