• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Film Review - The Tree of Life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Film Review - The Tree of Life

What a load of utter crap.
    Pretentious tripe with no real plot or direction.

0/10

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

0/10

Bit like this review!!!!

Comment

0/10

Metacritic User Score (far more balanced than the "Professional" reviews) is a lowish 6.3. So, not quite a zero, but definitely a "skip."
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

0/10

As I mentioned here the other day, Yank films seem to be all tedious talk and introspection these days. Even the action ones take ages to get into their stride and have long tiresome conversations throughout.

The opposite extreme, of non-stop frantic action like that recent Sherlock Holmes film is just as irksome and offputting I find. Some quiet parts put the action into relief; but the balance has swung too far the other way. I guess it's because Americans aren't feeling their usual self-confident selves at the moment, and film makers are reflecting this mood.

edit: I see The Tree of Life scores 6.9 on IMDB though. So it must appeal to some people.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          edit: I see The Tree of Life scores 6.9 on IMDB though. So it must appeal to some people.
          Presumably the "Emperor's New Clothes" fraternity!!

A load of tedious surrealist bollocks IMHO of course.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
          X