• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overseas Contracting Resources

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overseas Contracting Resources

Hey All,

I've been an IT contractor in the UK for 15 years, and now I fancy a spot of overseas working, just for a change.

The trouble is that I don't really know where to look. All my usual job and contract sites show contracts in the UK, US and Europe, but I'd like to go a little further afield than that. I'm thinking Africa, Asia, the Middle East...

So, does anyone know of any online (or other) resources that companies might use to recruit international staff needed in out-of-the-way places? At the moment I'm looking at UN websites and a couple of international aid and development sites, but they're too disparate and small.

I guess what I'm really looking for is an international version of JobServe. Does one exist? Or any other ideas or tips?

For what it's worth, I'm a generic C# VB6 SQL Server ASP.NET Winforms developer, but I've also done some iOS and Android app development. I'll try my hand at anything though if it'll get me somewhere interesting...

Cheers.

Originally posted by bluebay View Post
    Hey All,

I've been an IT contractor in the UK for 15 years, and now I fancy a spot of overseas working, just for a change.

The trouble is that I don't really know where to look. All my usual job and contract sites show contracts in the UK, US and Europe, but I'd like to go a little further afield than that. I'm thinking Africa, Asia, the Middle East...

So, does anyone know of any online (or other) resources that companies might use to recruit international staff needed in out-of-the-way places? At the moment I'm looking at UN websites and a couple of international aid and development sites, but they're too disparate and small.

I guess what I'm really looking for is an international version of JobServe. Does one exist? Or any other ideas or tips?

For what it's worth, I'm a generic C# VB6 SQL Server ASP.NET Winforms developer, but I've also done some iOS and Android app development. I'll try my hand at anything though if it'll get me somewhere interesting...

Cheers.
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ddle-east.html

Jobserve has a hyper link at the top next to where you log in to change the country. Glad you have put some time and effort in researching before you posted.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Monster is international as well.

Post your CV there and select all the options to work in different countries.

Rather than advertise jobs recruiters will contact you if they are interested.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Go for some of the agencies with European offices, such as Harvey Nash and register for alerts.

Comment

Working...
        X